SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT RUN ANYTHING OVER 55 WATT BULBS. THEY WILL MESS UP WIRING AND POSSIBLY MELT HOUSING. I HAD A SET AND ONLY RAN HIGH WATTAGE BULBS FOR A MONTH OR SO, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS BECAUSE THOSE LIGHTS ARE NOT EASY TO COME BY ANYMORE.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
I know I saw once that someone with a Sentra here had projector lights. To anyone that does, will PIAA Platinim 55W bulbs melt the housing? It took me a while to find a set and I dont want to ruin them.

G

·
Same here. DON'T run over 55 watts. My housing melted, and I had to have all of the wiring re solderd. Not cool.

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Thanks, I'm running 55w PIAA Platinums with my stock fog lamps. So I can either get another set and use those on my projectors, or get 85w for the stock fog lamps and use my current 55w on the projectors. Will 85w be O.K. for the stocks, or should I just go 55w all the way around?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Nycep26, My bad. My last question you already answered. I read the posts on here before I went to the General forum.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by martin_g34:
Nycep26, My bad. My last question you already answered. I read the posts on here before I went to the General forum.</font>
Ohh don't worry the more he gets the message not to run those bulb wattages then he'll know the point. as far as running 85 Watt in the stock fogs, do it. In my 97 200SX I run them and have no problem.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts