Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MINE IS DONE FOR!!!!
WILL NOT STAY IN 5TH AT ALL!!!!

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
i think its time to grab nissan by the throat and shove the 5th gear popout petition in their face!!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I did it for 2 or 3 years, including a family vacation from Long Island to Georgia, to Disney, North Carolina, and back home.

Oh, had rod knock the whole time too!

That was on my red '91, which finaly expired due to the rod bearings. Big surprise :rolleyes:

Chris

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yup....never hit fifth EVER :D

Unless you want to call torque converter lockup another gear, it does drop the rpms another 500 or more rpm's

·
Registered
486 Posts
speaking of rod bearings, what is it with our cars and problems with them? its what hapened to my engine(soon to have a new one).

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
i'm starting to think my car has a slight slight rod knock. someone posted a wav file of it here a few weeks ago.

the sound i'm hearing sounds very similar except i only hear it at highway speeds, obviously only when moving, around 65-70MPH.

for a while i thought it might be just the injectors, but they'd have to be awfully loud to hear over a cone intake and exhaust, don't ya think? well, i guess i'll just ride it out and see what unravels...:(

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
SE-Rican said:
Yo Figgy represent with the 4 speed SE-R my brother! Sorry about that bro. I feel your pain:eek: :mad: :( :(
I LOVE your color scheme on your car man...thats SWEET...gives me ideas about my maroon NX.........:D

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
NismoSER said:
i'm starting to think my car has a slight slight rod knock. someone posted a wav file of it here a few weeks ago.

the sound i'm hearing sounds very similar except i only hear it at highway speeds, obviously only when moving, around 65-70MPH.

for a while i thought it might be just the injectors, but they'd have to be awfully loud to hear over a cone intake and exhaust, don't ya think? well, i guess i'll just ride it out and see what unravels...:(
sure it is not something like a dustshield flapping in the air at only freeway speeds?

just food for thought!
later!

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i wouldn't be able to stand it if i had no 5th gear...i'd go crazy. you should get it fixed, smoothdaddy...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are you guys saying that if I dont fix it I'll have rod knock?!!!
please dont say that!!!!!
NOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
dont you worry now...you wont get a rod knock unless you bang the hell out of your oil pan to the point where oil doesnt recirculate through the engine. you should be fine with the tranny, its just annoying, so get it fixed whenever you can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's my take on it man.

You CAN drive it without 5th gear, but it's not good for your engine at highway speeds when the engine is still cold. If you have the time to let your engine warm up to operating temp before you drive it that would be best. It's just not good to go running your engine cold at 4,000+ rpm at highway speeds. If you can avoid that then you'll do good by your engine.

Like I said before.....FIX IT!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
So are you guys saying that if I dont fix it I'll have rod knock?!!!
No, the rod knock happened because my car was low on oil, my brother in law borrowed it and was rompin on it.

Chris

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
just yank the mofo off and send it to a shop and get it repaired!
Or buy a newer tranny.. last time I sourced a 200sx ser tranny it was like 450-500 plus shipping...

email me if you are interested.
later

1 - 20 of 22 Posts