SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering who races on a track with a turbo. I'm wondering what turbo your have and how you keep from roasting the tires, keep the car cool and what the reliablity issues are. I know the Nissans from the Honda v. Nissan challenge didn't do so hot that were turboed. Thanks.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Innovative T3/T04E turbo, with a Nissan Motorsports GTI-R radiator and UR water pump pulley. Car still overheats when it is really hot outside and your are beating on it. No reliability problems except a blown headgasket. I have driven home many times from a road course after driving my turbo Se-R all day. I am installing some 2500CFM FAL fans though to help the overheating.

Roasting the tires is inevitable. Even with my R compound Kumho Victoracers, I light them up in second gear :( Of course my STOCK LSD is dead, and I hear the Kumho Victoracers are not that sticky of a tire.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I know there's some guys in Canada racing a turbo NX. Either way, you'll need lots of cooling. So a huge radiator, oil cooler, and getting as much air flow as possible (maybe a vented hood). Those should increase the reliability.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Yeah it's got a 300ZX front end on it and the opening in the front end is about 2 feet by 3.

In a turbo NX youre going to have cooling problems driving on the street, let alone on the track. You're going to have to do some serious modifications to the front end to help with cooling.

·
since 2001
525 Posts
Peanuthead said:
I'm wondering who races on a track with a turbo. I'm wondering what turbo your have and how you keep from roasting the tires, keep the car cool and what the reliablity issues are. I know the Nissans from the Honda v. Nissan challenge didn't do so hot that were turboed. Thanks.
My turbo b12 was in the honda vs. Nissan challenge and held up fine. I was at 10psi with a very factory T28 set up and GTI-R radiator though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts