SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering on how it sounds and how loud it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
LOUD LOUD LOUD MarcusV has one and my Magnaflo=2000x quieter, 2x cheaper.

·
Registered
100 Posts
like Nollan said, its loud! i would get a silencer, ive been pulled over twice already, so im getting a silencer soon. plus it gets annoying after a while.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
It sounds great. I have a cat on the smurf and I loved the sound. WOT I cant hear **** so I dont have any feedback for ya there. Definitly well worth it!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yup, i got a 3" from the turbo back with no cat or resonator w/ N1 courtesy of Mr. Miko and let me tell you... you can definitely see flames out my tail pipe when i get on it. It sounds good too. It is really loud. But has a nice throaty sound to it. I get compliments on how good it sounds regularly. Well unless it's when it is backfiring. :D

David

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah I agree its loud. I have that on my NA car right now. If the turbo guys say its loud just imagine that on a NA car. I'm gonna get a silencer soon hopefully that will make my car more driveable.

Its sounds really good when you get on it though. Kinda of a growl. When I floor it under bridges its the loudest angriest 4 cylinder I've ever heard. If you want mean you can't get any meaner than this.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
If we are talking exhaust systems, I got the JGY 3'' with no resonator and Magnaflo muffler and it is just as high quality as an exhaust needs to be, and it was $400.

Justin

·
Learn to swim
1,043 Posts
I am running the 3" with an N1, and it was a bit too loud for my taste. I put a resonator on it and that mellowed it out quite a bit, but its nowhere near quiet.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My 3" with resonator and N1 is quieter than my Greddy was. I also run a 3" catco cat with it. Not loud to me. Thanks Miko!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I had the Greddy exhaust before I went to the 3" catback and I agree the Greddy was way louder than with the N1. I have 2.5" downpipe and 3" catback with no cat, but I do have a resonator and a silencer, and it's quiet until the higher rpms.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too am running a 3" w/ a N-1. Yes it is loud as hell. Put in a resonator, still loud as hell. Pulled the resonator, and put in a Magnacor 'Spiral Flow" in place as a resonator and it sounds 100% better.

Sure does flow good though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Peanuthead said:
Just wondering on how it sounds and how loud it is. Thanks.

I am running that setup. Sounds like heaven. Not too loud at idle, just nice and deep. On compression at low RPM you get a sound quite like that off a boxer engine, WOT is just that WIDE OPEN !

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. This is my track car so sound really isn't too much of a concern for me. Worst case I'll install two resonators back to back in place of the cat. Now just to find one that is cheap.

·
Banned
979 Posts
well ****, in that case run a side exit dump out of your bumper ;P

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Here is my ? for all of the guys saying there previous exhausts are louder than the N1.

Did you have a turbo on your car when you had the Greddy exhaust? Or did you change the exhaust while going turbo?

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
I've got 2 1/2 with my Apexi N1
and i just got a Unresonalbe Noise
summons.

·
Lock it up!!!!
1,074 Posts
I dont have an N1 muffler, but I do have a 3inch the sound is great definetly loud, but worth the power you get. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts