SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am, in the So-Cal region even though I live in northern california.. go figure

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I would be willing to join but no one near me and im on a island

G

·
Who is a member of SERCA (The SE-R Club of America)? If you are a member let me know. If you are not you should look into joining. Go to http://www.se-r.org/ to check it out. Alot of the events that we have are put on by SERCA including the national convention. They need your support to keep making these great events possible. They are also looking for a person to take over the web site. If you are interested you can contact Larry MacLeod at [email protected]

------------------
MarC

http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/Publish/
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm not a member, but I am a co RE. I'm still waiting on the family membership deal to go through.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
705 Posts
Call me a sour puss, a poor sport, whatever, but I dont care. Point being, I really do not see much point in joining SERCA. You pay whatever the amount is to join, and you go to a couple SERCA "sponsored" events each year, you pretty much break even. I just dont see much point. What I mean is this... You may pay 25 bucks a year to be part of SERCA, then go to 5 SERCA events in one year, and possibly get 5 dollars off "entrance fees" or whatever. Thats 25 bucks, so your even. Its like you never even joined SERCA. You get a couple stickers that say SERCA on them, which there is no point to cuz who besides people that are in the club, knows what the hell SERCA even is?! And you get a newsletter, whenever it is that the people who run the ****, get around to writing one up. You really dont gain anything from being in the club, therefore i see no point in joining until it becomes the least bit beneficial. I dont think I speak for myself when I say that I wouldnt feel special just becasue I am one of the guys with a SERCA sticker on this car.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
LOL....such hostility. I'll join for the hell of it. Hell I forked over $20 at Salt fest and didn't even use the garage.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
LOL....such hostility. I'll join for the hell of it. Hell I forked over $20 at Salt fest and didn't even use the garage.
</font>
Gee, you said that you though serca was dumb to join also. Now you are changing your mind?! what the heck. And you were too in the garage.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I said it's dumb if you don't get anything for it. Not a dumb idea. I didn't know you got discounts.

Ok, I'll admit, I had my car in the garage a whole 10 minutes then was told to back it out for someone else. That comes down to $2 a minute.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
858 Posts
New member here as of 2 months and saved five bucks already for dynoday.that's good for six pack any day!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
303 Posts
i'm a member

------------------
Jon
'95 G20t

Stillen intake, HS header, "custom" exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, GC's w/AGX's, '93 intake cam

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
New member here as of 2 months and saved five bucks already for dynoday.that's good for six pack any day!

</font>
six packs are six bucks round here, LOL!

------------------

·
Registered
858 Posts
6 bucks I get coronas out here or heineken. 5bucks bubs or pee water coors light!

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
6 bucks I get coronas out here or heineken. 5bucks bubs or pee water coors light!</font>
althoguh i guess if you drink cheap stuff itd work. you can get a case of Beast Ice(milwakee best) for liek 10 bucks

------------------

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm a member. I figured the idea itself was worth $20 bucks.. It is true the club is barely off the ground, but I figure you have to start somewhere you know? The So-Cal region is very active, they have been doing dyno days, meets and the like and are setting up a SERCA track day for October. Right now there are a few people willing to put money in based on faith alone so that momentum can build and your average "what's in it for me" Joe can get a return on his blood-sweat-and-tears earned twenty bucks. I know that there are some discounts available to SERCA members now, and soon some regions will have used their seed money to become self-sufficient enough to host more track days etc. The first track day in SoCal is being sponsored by the members. That is what needs to happen for awhile, money doesn't come from the sky.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
858 Posts
some people will make any excuse not to spend 25 bucks wisely. but they'll spend it in an hour in a bar with a bunch of guys. when this membership gives you some knowledge and discounts for a year at least. oh well to each his own! it's your money spend it the way you like!

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I am a member in the SoCal region. It is the most active region. and we have some discounts going for members.

You get a discount when:

1. you align your car @ West End Alignment in Gardena.

2. you go to open-track if 10 other SERCA members show up.

3. We also have a dyno day copming up on the 31st. members pay $25. non-memnbers $40.

We have our track day this October at the Streets of Willow. It is for $120/day. that is cheaper than any other 1 day event that I have seen.

$25 is nothing. $100 for a lifetime membership is nothing. The club is just starting. It will get better, especially when the new SE-R comes out.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
WTF, is it just a coincidence there is a SE-R dyno day on the 31st on both coasts?

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts