SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Classic SE-R(B13) has a better flowing head so they react better to mods although I think stock to stock they are pretty close. I drive a B13 so I'd have to say the B13.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Stock v. Stock, with drivers of equal skills, B13 (classic) is faster.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RAFSE-R:
which SE-R is faster? Is it the classic SE-R or the B14 SE-R.</font>
------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R
STILLEN Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Racing Wheels
195/50 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RAFSE-R:
which SE-R is faster? Is it the classic SE-R or the B14 SE-R.</font>
not to start ****... but the clasic is a bit faster.. one other reason is it has 0eb 1 not oeb 11

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Yeah this is probably true. But sometimes older cars have problems too. That wont be an issue, as the b14 chassic starts to age too. The classic should be faster is most accutate

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Oh man, not all of this again

Just to clear something up, the B13 is probably a bit quicker due to the fact that while I'm bouncing off of my rev-limiter at 7100 RPMs, the B13 driver will be shifting to second at about 7400 RPMs (when he sees my bonehead move) and will probably get ahead. This is the only way I've lost to a classic. But, if it wasn't for that, I'd be fairly close. Beleive me, I have a B13 and two B14s in my household, and the B13 isn't quicker than my B14 (until I do the above).
But by B14 still looks nicer

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Oh, and BTW, what is oeb 1 and oeb 11?? The B13 has OBD 1 and the B14 has OBD 2 (On Board Diagnostics) and I don't see how that would make one car slower than another. The main difference is the 7100 vs 7500 rpm rev limit.

------------------
David

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Car&Driver had the 95 SE-R at ~.5 second slower to 60mph than the '91 SE-R.

I've heard OBD2 makes it difficult to extract power from the engine with mods. Grassroots Motorsports did a project BMW 318 with OBD2. They had a full custom exhaust, headers, intake and actually LOST power. They gained some back by putting Redline 20W50 in the engine and changing to Magnecor spark plug wires.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Hey Matt
We've already been through all of this once before, so let's not drag all of this out again. But, just for the hell of it, if we want to go by magazine numbers (damn, we sound like H & A boys), we can stroll on over to SE-R.net and say that the B14 is faster because they have the times as follows: B13 = 15.8; B14 = 15.6 Woo hoo!! The B14 wins!! But, we all now that's not how it is. Like I said, everytime I've raced a classic (be it my roommates, by it someone elses) the only advantage they've had over my car is the additional 400 rpms they have before they hit the rev limiter. And as far as OBD 2 being harder to extract power from, well, I won't even go into that. Like I said, we've been here before Matt, let's not go here again

------------------
David

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oh no.

Another holy-war.

The B13 is faster. I've had both. I had a 91 SE-R with all the bolt ons and now I have a 98 with most of the bolt ons and the 91 is faster.

The higher redline and high port head are probably what does it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
End of topic, but Jordan, you had a '91 which was a 2 door, and now you have a '98 4 door. The '91 will be faster because it weighs less. My '91 feels faster than my '96 because it weighs 100 lbs less. We weighed Ben Davis' car before the turbo, and his was about 100 lbs more than my '96. Weight plays a big part in how fast a car is or feels.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I drove Eric's 91 on Saturday and I think that the high port head with wider intake runners also give it more torque and response. That 91 has more immediate low end torque than my turbo car has for sure. I want a classic now!
Well, at least a high port head

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
SE-R withdrawal
53 Posts
Uh, wtf is up with all you "defending" the B14? No excuses please, we'll just leave it at "the B13 is faster". Yeah, it's lighter. Yeah, it has the high-port intake. Great. That's why it's FASTER (comparing stock of course).
And the B14 looks better? Ick. I think the B13 looks much better, especially lowered ever so slightly, and with nice wheels. Especially in black (gosh, I just described my car
)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Um, no. I know this is all opinion but I think the B14's look the best out of all the SR20's. The B13 is too boxy for my taste.

Don't forget, I've had both so I can say what I think is better/worse about both cars. I'm saying now that my 91 with the following mods:

HS G3 header, PR CAI, Remus cat-back, JWT s3 cams was FASTER than my 98 SE which has: HS G3 header, HS CAI, JWT s4 cams.

But yes, I had an exhaust on the 91 and I'm still stuck with the shitty ass stock exhaust on my 98. God does that thing ever suck. Anyone wanna donate a Greddy cat-back to me?

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
708 Posts
The SCCA has determined that the B14 is slower at least for Autocross. The 2002 reclassification has the B13 going to G Stock and B14 moving to H Stock.

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The 2002
reclassification has the B13 going to G Stock and B14 moving to H Stock.</font>
Then I'm buying a 95+ SE-R and try to win Nationals next year

That's a ringer in H-stock, if that classing holds.

·
Registered
708 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Then I'm buying a 95+ SE-R and try to win Nationals next year

That's a ringer in H-stock, if that classing holds.
</font>
You bet it is. I beat the local 200sx SE-R locally with my classic but was stomped by them in my DSM NT. Both are currently going to HS although there is alot of debate about the 200sx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts