SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Ractive does. Anybody know who sells the Ractive stuff?

And is there anyone else yet who makes STB's for 98-99s?

And yes, Naji, I know I can fab one but I'm too lazy :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
any of the 95- will work, but you will have a little rubbing, but with a few towels.... :) no, I do not know of another company that makes a specific app for the 98 up (I will look into getting some made if I can get a few people interested)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Homemade usually means very inexpensive right? :) If so I'm interested. I'm sure the list would too if you had pictures of them

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I am talking about getting Courtesy to get some made for us by our supplier, I do not see them having a problem with it if there is demand for it, all it is is a small change in the positioning of the bar, everything else is the same, bar, placement of the boltholes, ect.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, bad news, there has to be a bigger demand for them to produce them (supply and demand) I would need at least 150 people to go in on it and they would probably be more expensive than the norm. they would have to refab a new machine to do this and would cost us alot of money to do, so unless I can get about 145 more people on this, sorry :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's an idea:

Why can't they just make 1 STB to fit BOTH the 95-97 cars AND the 98-99 cars? Shouldn't one for the 98-99's just fit on the 95-97 fine? It would just sit a little higher is all on the 95-97s as well as clear the emissions stuff on the 98-99s

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
that is another good idea, but again they would probably have to retool their machines and that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brian,

I haven't seen the Courtesy STB, but I assume the actual bar is bent mild steel or aluminum. A machined billet(ala Stillen) would cost more than $60. If this is true, the bars are probably cut and then bent on a press brake or air brake. If this is also true, the only changes necessary should be programming - changing the length of the bar and the amount/angle of deflection during bending. However, if the first assumption is incorrect, then kindly disregard the above. :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the only changes would have to be done on the end pieces anyways, probably moved down about an inch or two, it has been discussed and more than likely will not be done :-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts