SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has come up a bit before but i still cant determine a straight answer.

Who uses them and what difference did they make (60 ft?? full 1/4 speed and et) and what you used to run to compare them to.

I have heard times of up to 1/2 a second faster but im pretty sure thats advertising hype. WOuld more be like 1-2 1/10's im guessing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im awaiting my first shipment to arrive down here in new zealand and would like to know some feedback before they arrive and before i order my next lot.

Cheers

Shaun

·
Registered
22 Posts
Something that is not discussed often is how you should get drag radials to work best for you.

You start with them with let's say 25 psi(I am speaking from rear drive cars). Start at 20, 30, whatever you want.
You set a launch rpm which must remain constant while you learn the tires.
You do the same burnout and you avoid the waterbox.
You make two runs at each interval if you can.
Drop 1 psi and repeat.
Once you stop gaining anything in the 60', see what tire psi you quit gaining at.
Run that tire psi because running any less psi will slow you down because it will absorb more power...making your car slower the entire run. Normally you MPH will drop off.

Like with my Z28, I hook no better @ 10 psi vs 15 psi. If run 10 psi, my car actually slows down 2 mph and 2 tenths, yet I hook no different.

Just thought I would share...if you already knew, my bad.

About your times...do others have wheel hop issues with drag radials? I would expect some MPH loss.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
shortz said:
I know this topic has come up a bit before but i still cant determine a straight answer.

Who uses them and what difference did they make (60 ft?? full 1/4 speed and et) and what you used to run to compare them to.

I have heard times of up to 1/2 a second faster but im pretty sure thats advertising hype. WOuld more be like 1-2 1/10's im guessing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im awaiting my first shipment to arrive down here in new zealand and would like to know some feedback before they arrive and before i order my next lot.

Cheers

Shaun
You could easily see .5 second quicker ET, depending on your current 60' time on street tires. Generally, .1 second quicker 60' will cut your 1/4 mile ET by .2 seconds. If you are only cutting 2.3's now on streets, cutting a 2.0 should cut your 1/4 mile time by .5 second.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts