SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, its been a long time since JWT said they will have an ECU for 98+ figured out. I am wondering if we all got together and found out actually how many people need an ECU for 98+, they will realize the demand and maybe invest more time (if any) to the development of an ECU for our cars. So, I would like us to get a list together with names, emails, etc. of people (including me) in need of a 98+ ECU. Then maybe we can email, mail, and fax this to JWT to make sure they see that there really is a demand for it? I mean who knows, maybe there is no demand, but this a descent way to find out. So guys, this is our one chance to let them know how much we want an ECU for our cars. Please let me know what you think, if you think this is a dumb idea, if you have a better idea, etc.

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 02-27-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I want one. Put me down.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
well you know I would be interested.

Sabby over at b15 board there is a bunch of guys in the b15 forum that were all interested. I think it was 10 or more. If you want to check that out.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I want one too. Put me down for that...

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
DAMN YOU ALL!!!
If you had said something about a month earlier, I might have waited. Actually, no I wouldn't. That 7100rpm redline was killing me at track events. I lost track of how many times I've smacked into it while downshifting. Oh well, I'm already in the process of getting the MIL codes sorted out (EGR solenoid and rear o2 sensor.) All I can say is, good luck in getting the '98 ECU's ready... You'll have a lot of happy '98 owners after that!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I second that. I TOTALLY want one.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at

14's this season

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I second that. I TOTALLY want one.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)

15.454 @ 88mph at

14's this season

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, so far I guess we have about 9 people. I have posted this thread on the b15sentra.net forum also so that number includes responses on that forum. I just installed a fax software on my computer so I can compile a list of people and fax it to JWT and hope we get some kind of a straight answer. So keep them coming and please find as many people as you can that I can put on this list. Thanks guys,

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jacen99SE, thats a good point. But MAYBE if JWT were to develop an ECU for 98-99, that ECU might be adapted easier on a b15 than 95-97 would? Its pure speculation.

-saaby

------------------

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys this is what I have as text format so far...I was thinking if this is going to be an actual compilation of people, do you guys think it would make more sense to have actual names than just aliases? So if you want, email me ([email protected]) your name and your username so I know which email goes with which name.

LIST OF PEOPLE DESIRING A 98+ ECU

SR20DE FORUM:
Sahab Zanjanizadeh - [email protected],
Jordan - have email need name,
David - have email need name,
Mike Gosselin - have both,
Jacen - have email need name,
2000SE - have email need name,
RollcageSR20 - need email need name,
nsracer - need email need name,
slylark - have email need name

B15 FORUM:
Christopher Morris - have both,
SDsr20de858 - have email need name,
tkyan - need email need name

Thanks guys, keep them coming and remember this is for what its worth.

-saaby

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
One or two folks have done this before, and I've heard that it just annoys JWT because they don't have time to do it really. Again this is pure rumor.

When you send the fax, please be VERY polite and extra nice about it. Don't demand, don't sound the least bit annoyed. I.E.

"Hello. My name is Sahab Zanjanizadeh and I own a 98 SR20DE 200SX SE-R/Sentra SE (whatever you have). I understand you you make an upgraded ECU for 91-94 FWD SR20DE powered cars, and also for 95-97 ones as well.

Trying my best to deduce why your company has not produced one for the 98 and newer FWD SR20DE powered cars, I thought the best reason was because there wasn't a large enough market for them and therefore it was not worth your development costs to produce one. I have done the only thing I believe I can do to try and influence your company to produce them- I have compiled a list of names and email addresses of people I have found who are interested in purchasing one from you today. I don't know whether this would influence you or not, but it is all I can do to try and get this accomplished.

My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX, fax number YYY-YYY-YYYY, and email address [email protected] If you wish to contact me concerning this issue I would be estatic to speak with you about it. Feel free to contact me at any of the above.

Thank you for your time"

Something to that affect would be my recommendation.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ben, that is....BEAUTIFUL

I am going to cut and paste what you posted if you don't mind. Or if you want to word it differently (not that its not perfect..much better than I can word it) let me know so I can put it on the fax when the list is ready. You want to be on the list also? Also, I totally agree with you being EXTRA nice. The last thing we want to do is sound demanding and ignorant as a result.

-saaby

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sure go ahead. I was kind of expecting you would say that. Stuck up of me, huh?

Well, I'm not really interested in one any more since I already hacked my wiring harness to shreds (exagerrating) for the 96 one.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
jwt is in the process of making one. I talked to ben @ jwt about 2 weeks ago about getting the 97 ecu in mine (will not take the 98 as a core anymore) and said that it should be out real soon. they are developing it, but having somewhat of a hard time getting things set straight. everybody @ jwt knows that people are hardup for the ecu, but they have less than 10 people working there, so it might be somewhat hard doing all of the ecus for the z, 240, turbo cars, ect, ect. they do more than ecus and cams.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

1 - 20 of 23 Posts