SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i went out to a shop today to ask a few questions about the DET turbo setup. The guy said if you run a differnet blow off valve (i guess a bigger one) you can run 11-12 psi saftly. He said that you dont need bigger injectors the car will still run rich, he said the engine like higher PSI anyway, do any of you run this hi of PSI in a stock config witha different blowof valve?

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tait:
You could probably run that psi with the stock valve. You do need some sort of boost controller thou.</font>

yeah i was going to get the greddy boost controller, but whoa i didnt know i could go that much saftly

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
That is the most inaccurate statement I have ever heard. Who ever told you that keep your car far FAR away from that individual, because he will definately Blow it up. U need fuel and proper tuning to combat detonation. A bigger BOV will not keep you from blowing your motor, it will keep you from damaging your throttle plate, and creating compressor surge. If you want to increase the boost, first increase the fuel then get some proper tuning=dynotime weather its a stand alone unit, Aftermarket ECU, or the Super AFC ect. Tuning and fuel is the key. So have some fun and dont blow your motor, also stay the hell away from that jabrony.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
Hey guys, i went out to a shop today to ask a few questions about the DET turbo setup. The guy said if you run a differnet blow off valve (i guess a bigger one) you can run 11-12 psi saftly. He said that you dont need bigger injectors the car will still run rich, he said the engine like higher PSI anyway, do any of you run this hi of PSI in a stock config witha different blowof valve?

</font>

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i was deffinatly thinking that he didnt know what the hell he was talking abot..i just needed some confirmation, thanks MIke, And how do you imnport images into your post?

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
thanks MIke, And how do you imnport images into your post?</font>
I find a host for me to place a link on the internet, then I put the link in my sig using Ubb Code.

Mike C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts