SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody here has GOT to do this! Or knows someone who has?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yeah, but did he do the swap or just pull a "rice boy"???

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I have seen and ridden in a few in town also. they are quite fast, and nice

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yeah it was SCC a couple months ago. The article might be at www.gr8ride.com although the site seems to be experiencing difficulties right now.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Also there is a guy in town here that has a 96 240SX SE that removed his 240 badges and replaced them all with Silvia ones. Looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey I have those issues of SCC, in case anybody wanted to know. I sugest we all pool together and build our own. Then we can take turns driving it home for the night.
I for sure would move to the east coast then.

Kris94G20

·
Registered
254 Posts
The SR20DET swap into an S13/14 (240SX), while not "common", is fairly well documented. Many of the same problems/details inherent in the FWD SR swap are encountered.

I have a friend picking his up from a local shop (hopefully) this weekend.

A Sileighty is what I want - the Silvia front end with the 240SX hatch.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Projectdragsilvia

Well found some more info on my friends drag silvia. Those photo's are kinda old, He said the car should be done sometime next week. He said he is goin to running a Jim Wolf Ecu.....J/k He didn't say that. Prob Haltch or something.

------------------

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
There are a bunch of sr20dets in 240sx's as far as I know!

MarC
</font>
if everything works out there will be another one soon. I'm trading my tiburon in on a 98 240SX SE and doing the swap soon after.

wish me luck, and all that.

------------------
Eyescream

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yellow4g63:
Good luck. I'm sure u will have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much fun with that RWD+SR20DET

</font>
man, you have NO idea. i'm really lookin forward to having some power AND rear wheel drive to play with. 'specially coming from a FWD car with a teensy little aftermarket and no power.

------------------
Eyescream

1 - 13 of 13 Posts