SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
That's not a VE car. It looks like a roller rocker, or a low port with a RR intake manifold. The intake manifold is too square looking to be a VE, and you can't use a DE manifold on a VE either. I don't see the solenoids in either engine picture.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Now you've made me go and look at the listing, Eric!

I don't see the solenoids either, but the distributor definitely doesn't look like a lowport dizzy, and it's got an external coil. Doesn't mean they're not using the stock B13 Dizzy/external coil setup on a lowport motor, with a VE valvecover, though.

·
Finally got a SE-R.
96 Posts
The car doesn't look that bad.....besides the ricer non-functional hood scoop and MISLEADING information. I've always been skeptical about buying anything on ebay.....especially an auction for a "modified" car.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Now you've made me go and look at the listing, Eric!

I don't see the solenoids either, but the distributor definitely doesn't look like a lowport dizzy, and it's got an external coil. Doesn't mean they're not using the stock B13 Dizzy/external coil setup on a lowport motor, with a VE valvecover, though.
That's just a stock ignition system from a B13.

·
P10 pro
545 Posts
The only thing on that car that is a VE is the VVL sticker.

The engine is a late model Roller Rocker DE swap into a 1992 B13. He is using the original wiring harness, that's why the distributor has an external coil.

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
I don't seen anything wired to the solenoids either, nor do I see anything to say it's a VE besides the VC. You can make 227 WHP @ 8psi on a DE+T. I'd think a VE would be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than that. You mean he is trying to pass that off with stock VE cams? I feel bad for whoever bought this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.