SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PULSSSAR wrote:

Check out this Hardcore FWD n/a SR20 racer from Trinidad!

"I....... ran the car and manual tuned it to 8000 rpm at the race track with what I would describe as a 60% tune. Awesome power delivery to say the least.
I put the car on the Dyno and made 180 bhp @ 7600 rpm at the wheels with 136 ft/lb torque at 6600 rpm.

Unfortunately the crank shaft failed at 8500 rpm (the bhp curve begins to fall off at 8200 rpm). I have not opened it up as yet but it sounds too weird to be a rod or main bearing, sounds like the crank sheared.
I never got to really attempt to tune it on the dyno. I think there may be about 10 to 20 more bhp to be gained at the wheels (about 266 at the crank)."
pics:

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Woa...cool. I wonder what happened to the motor. Over-revved it maybe? I wonder if he knows what broken rocker arms sound like..?

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Damn....thats nice!

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Thats pretty bad ass! We should try to track down the owner and get him to join.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
B12! Power

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Are those ITBs?!?!?! I wonder if he snaked them from a GTI-R. Would they even fit a N/A DE?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I posted that on the Pulsar Group forums...

bolted onto the side of that sucker, you see:

Jenvey air systems throttle bodies.

they are in the UK

The motor is all Tomei valvetrain... the workshop that supports my pulsar (in Perth, Australia) supplied a great deal of the gear for that car which is inTrinidad, (so not near Australia)...

Hyperdrive Motorsport (www.hyperdrivems.com.au)

Glenn 'Lumpy' Campbell is the guru.. one of Australia's best nissan tuners and mechanic..

That motor is pure anger, and I'd say it has the goods to make even more power when some things are sorted...

I'll find out if the owner is interested in joining the forum, who knows, perhaps already a member ;)

Perhaps they want privacy and posting their pics and details was a bad idea.....

James

·
Registered
165 Posts
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/ lists the kit as about 964 pounds... bling bling

also note the rest of the car, pure race only. check those fluid cylinders out throught the window in the cabin... note the stickers too, DMS (drummond motorsport) hardcore suspension :)

very neat package.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Crazy, b12s always make the most contraversy. Nismodriver has some NA competition.
Hey, easy now..

I got him straight line...

John

EDIT: That car is very clean. I likes it alot. I also want to know where that bumper came from. I want on bad!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That's pretty sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts