SR20 Forum banner

Why Are People Selling There 200's for NX's?

1K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  97 Black SER 
#1 ·
I like both of these cars, but why are people selling there 200sx se-r's for NX2000's. Is there something better in the NX than the 200? Please inform me on this, because I am confused???

#2 ·
MarkSR20 said:
I like both of these cars, but why are people selling there 200sx se-r's for NX2000's. Is there something better in the NX than the 200? Please inform me on this, because I am confused???
I dunno... I still have my 200SX, and I don't plan on selling it any time soon.

Maybe because the NX is a rare SR20-powered car? Who knows... I chose the NX because I wanted to build an SCCA ITS race car.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (track slut)
1998 200SX SE-R (slow street car)

#3 ·
Good question. Maybe they just can't handle the smooth styling of the 200sx. The want that ugly Geo Metro look? Just kidding guys!!!! NX's are deffinatly cheaper & in my opinion look better than a classic. Turbo SR20DE cheaply i guess. What are the weight differences? Maybe they are lighter?

Weight:

Classic ???
NX2000 ???
200sx 2,500 or so.

Any imput?

-Kris

#5 ·
Bigger brakes!

MarkSR20 said:
I like both of these cars, but why are people selling there 200sx se-r's for NX2000's.
I think they have all just lost their minds!

#10 ·
MarC said:
This coming from the girl that bought mine and is now looking for an NX. :)
Hey it's for my boyfriend! I'm trying to get him out of the ****..uh Si. ;)
I love my car. :-D

#13 ·
WEll, maybe cuz the nx is supposed to be the best handling sr20 pwered vehicle out of the classic and the g20 and 200sx se-r, and also because its a bit quicker then the 200sx se-r!! dont anyone hurt me now...but supposedly according to the numbers it is.....plus its nice and light and looks like an egg!! :-D

#14 ·
Hehe seems like the B14 to B13 craze is in full swing, particularly to NXs. My "reason" is because this NX more or less fell into my lap and I decided to be a good boy and get rid of my car payment and drive the NX full time. It is a MUCH better starting point as far as mods go than the 98. You already have the good intake cam, high rev limiter, no speed limiter, MUCH better handling stock (I don't even know if I WANT an aftermarket suspension on this thing!), plus you can carry tons of **** in it. Just bought a 7 1/2 foot Christmas tree and a bunch of other stuff last night and has no qualms lugging it all home. I need to race it! I need twisties damnit!!!! :) :D

#15 ·
Thats because the high port motor is a simple animal. The NX and Classic have independant rear alxes. The NX's are getting cheap now. Classic SE-R's are harder to find because most owners are holding on to them or they are being bought up as fast as they are sold. I personally don't want to toot my own horn but if you see my NX you will see why a lot of people want NX's. :D

#17 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Hehe, I like the "Needs a DET" under your name! You must have enjoyed the ride the other night Chrissy :)

Matt
93NX
91SE-R DET
You know I did! Rob was quite impressed too. Thanx ;) Kinda tipped the scale for him to get a sr20 powered car.

#18 ·
I know that the NX is heavier than the B14 and B13 chassis. The handling in the NX is great compared to the B14. Marc, I drove a white one in jersey at an Acura dealership at the end of the summer. They are nice, it had about 60k on it. I was impressed with it, but I wouldnt give up my blue B14 for it. I like the fact of no speed limiter and the rev's go up to 7500rpm stock. But JWT can take care of that. I dont know, I am going to set up a poll and see what people think. I am still lost, wondering what people are thinking about this. I know the main factor with both of these cars are PRICE!!!!! But thanks for all of the replies.

#19 ·
According to carpoint.msn.com:

98 Sentra SE 5 speed: 2617 lbs
95 200SX SE-R 5 speed: 2536 lbs
91 Sentra SE-R 5 speed: 2414 lbs
91 NX2000 5 speed: 2461 lbs

Just like I thought. About 50 lbs more than a Classic. When I weighed my Sentra it was 2642lbs, probably due to the turbo being on it, the intercooler piping, and turbo.

#22 ·
i think its because there are alot of good drugs going around... or the fact that the rice boys like the hatch ;)

jk guys, before i got my B14, i was lookin into nx's cause they are very rare in my area. More 200sx se-r's in the area than nx's. Too bad the ones i looked at were all pos's or i would have ended up with one.

#24 ·
Yeah Marc,
I went to this Acura dealership that had all overpriced acura's. They had 2 Type R's for more than the sticker was brand new and they were used. I didnt understand it. There was a red nsx in the showroom. It was about july or august. Something like that. I wasnt sure. But it was a nice car. I cant believe that I drove your car. That is some funny ****. My friend almost bought it, there was none in the area for sale. So I went and did the usual test drive. Went around a corner at 100, dropped the clutch at 7 grand. Ya know, all the good stuff. HEHE, JK!!! It was a fun car though. I am not sure about those weights for the NX Ben. If you can tell me the door weight on yours, and I will get my weight off of my door. We can figure it out that way. I always thought the NX weighed more than the 200 and the classic. The 98+ always weighed more. I was not sure though. I just want to double check. But thanks for all of the replies. I will talk to you all soon.

#25 ·
My SR20DE powered car could have been an NX. It was a white 91. Nice and all for about 3.5k I think. But a couple of things was wrong with it. 5th gear popout and the "Fresh" and "Recirculate" thingy was stuck. So I settled for a 96 SE-R. Was a good price too, and cashed it. It it weren't for the problems, I woulda had an NX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.