SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever had trouble selling an SE-R?? i thought it would be pretty easy to sell.....but it's not!!! i've tried putting it in the paper, setting it out in the busiest intersection in town w/ for sale signs on it, MANY sites on the internet....EVERYTHING! i just can't even get anyone to look at it! GRRR!
derek:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was wanting $9500......but i'd sell it for $8500 now. i love the car....i just found a miata that's much cheaper.

·
8,148 Posts
can't sell your 200SX? I think I know why.....

....cause they are too damn expensive. Notice how guys are buying up Classics, G20's and NX2000's with spun bearings? Even slightly bent classics don't stay in a slavage yard too long. Casue when a classic goes for under $3000 and a 200SX goes for over $7000 it is a no brainer.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Its cause resale value of B14s sucked, they don't look as nice as some of the competition. U have to eighter find a fanatic to buy one or practically give it away. Classics are hard to find in a good shape, and if U do find one its pretty expensive. I know a guy whos been trying to sell a 94 SE-R 25K miles on it for 5K bux and hes having a hard time selling it also. Miatas are not all that good... buy a 240SX. Miata is a girly car, my boss has one, moded 99 and last time we where autoX I whopped on his ass cause he didn't have slicks on. This was in a stock suspensioned Maxima with just huge street tires on..235-40-18 Dunlop W10s. Hes been AUTOX for a while now, and knows how to drive. Buy a 240SX S13 and put in a SR20DET into it. Talk about great looking car that handles and goes like hell !
Mike Jez

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
It's Arkansas - even in college towns, not many people know what kind of car it is. You might write "deceptively fast" and "fun" on the windows to get a few gawkers, and print out some specs to post in the rear side windows.

The previous owner of my '92 SE-R put specs and the Ten Best info on the windows and dash of my car. I already knew that I wanted a SE-R, but that showed me the car was maintained by someone who appreciated it.

If you haven't already, try http://www.thepartstrader.com/ and the SE-R.net classifieds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the advice.....i'm going to print out some specs and stuff like that. hey jimR....talk your friends into an ser!!! :D
later
derek

·
Registered
695 Posts
Gotta ask my friend for the #.. hes seen the car like 2 weeks or so ago. It was mint condition Aztec Red, sunroof, 5spd. Looked like was maintained really good.
Mike Jez

1 - 13 of 13 Posts