SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know? All the sites I've looked at today list the 91-93 NX2000 at the usual 140hp, but only 130ft lbs of torque. Anyone have any idea why it differs from the other SE-R ratings of 132 ft lbs?

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
I think the exhaust is more restrictive on the NX.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

G

·
0 Posts
so Racer, what u saying is that.. that HP is from the final throughput of the power then.. if so, then the engine itself should be the same as the SE-R's whatever the HP is coming out of.

·
Registered
450 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
its because the beavers dont have room in their freezer for the dandelions.</font>
Hey you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
its because the beavers don't have room in their freezer for the dandelions.</font>
now that, my friends, is comedy, or insanity, I don't know but both are funny.

PS, it's not good to laugh at work when you are in a cubical.

Dave

·
Registered
723 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by space:
so Racer, what u saying is that.. that HP is from the final throughput of the power then.. if so, then the engine itself should be the same as the SE-R's whatever the HP is coming out of.

</font>
thats just the peak figure... it probably still makes 114.8lb of torque at 6400rpm for 140hp.

besides, factory figures are mostly just a rough estimation.

what i want to know is why the NX2000's gas mileage is listed LOWER than the Sentra... esp the highway numbers (30mpg vs. 32mph) when the NX has less drag... which is substantial at freeway speed.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing the other day.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Anyone know? All the sites I've looked at today list the 91-93 NX2000 at the usual 140hp, but only 130ft lbs of torque. Anyone have any idea why it differs from the other SE-R ratings of 132 ft lbs?

</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
egg-less
348 Posts
The NX *may* get worse mileage due to wider stock tires, 195 vs. 185. Wider tire = more rolling resistance. Just my .02.

BTW, what the best mileage anyone has gotten on one tank of gas? Just curious...

·
Registered
723 Posts
But one would assume the same engine makes the same power. Strange. </font>

maybe the different exhaustive just moves the power band higher

·
Registered
723 Posts
besides the wider tires the brakes are also larger ... but i cant see that hurting the gas mileage that much... if anything it should be offset by the lower coefficient of drag.

i had a homepage that had formulas for calculating downforce and power (hp) needed to overcome the drag ... but i lost it

note: in automobiles a CoD decrease from .4 to .3 should increase gas mileage by ~7.5%

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've gotten 302 miles to a full tank of 93 octane of highway driving to Long Island, about 40 percent of the time I was using the A/C too. That was my best so far.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've gotten 302 miles to a full tank of 93 octane of highway driving to Long Island, about 40 percent of the time I was using the A/C too. That was my best so far.
</font>
Whoa... That doesn't sound all that great. When my SE-R was stock (first few months of ownership) I was able to get just under 300 miles with mostly street driving. When I drove down to SoCal for the '99 SE-R Convention, I was able to get 360 miles out of the tank (CAI and exhaust)... And with the mods I have now I was able to get around 390 miles to the tank driving up to Shingle Springs (Ground Control) and back (with A/C, too!)... Don't remember exactly how much I had to fill following the trip, but I remember calculating 34mpg which isn't too shabby at all for a full bolt-on car.

FWIW, My NX was able to get around 350-360 miles on a full tank driving down to SoCal (no A/C since there isn't any.) Though I find it odd that some sources list the NX having 130lb/ft of torque vs. the SE-R's 132lb/ft. Check this out, though:

http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/articles/cd_4_91/page4.jpg

This is a scanned copy of a Car & Driver article for the NX2000, and as you can see, C&D lists it at 132lb/ft. Weirdness...

--Andrew Phan

G

·
0 Posts
I average between 32 and 34mpg for daily driving, and on long distance I have managed 42mpg before!

Actually, I might be getting better than that now, as my engine has gone into a stupid "full economy, no performance" mode
There is an active topic about this problem which you can find here

I put in some more petrol this morning, and worked out that with the 8.3 gallons of petrol I did 290 miles. That equates to 34.9mpg.

------------------
1997 UK spec P11 Primera
http://www.primeraweb.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Ang! (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
0 Posts
Sh*t, I manage 260 miles per tank!!! WTF!
278 on a good week. and thats all mostly highway.

·
Registered
723 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
Sh*t, I manage 260 miles per tank!!! WTF!
278 on a good week. and thats all mostly highway.
</font>
me too, dude. i stop pumping after the first two clicks. then on the next pump i stop after 2 clicks and divide the miles by gallons i just put in. it usually works out to 24-26mpg. thats piss-poor for an economy car. i run 75% highway without AC on low. AND i've been giving into winddrag and cruising slower on the highway (~65mph)

methinks i need new tuneup?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts