SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know i'm not the only one, but how come when ever you do anything to your car you always think its faster. I mean the little things. I just cleaned my Throttle Body Last night. Not that it was dirty for only 47K miles, but cleaning it prolly helped. The car starts up better than ever and throttle feels more responsive. Also took away some slack off the throttle cable so that might have helped too. Next thing is the big TUNEUP. Any body else do the small **** that feels like a million bucks or is it just me?

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
How did oyu clean the TB, cause there are a few ways? It probably helped a little in terms of scavenging power u already had. I want to do this too in a few weeks. I have so many parts piling up in my room, and rinky dink procedures on my list, with no time to do them. arggghh!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its pretty easy, but I would recommend getting a TB gasket cause you will rip it. It takes like 15 mins and you can get some pep back in your car. Next thing on my list is changing the fuel filter and putting synthetic in my car.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
723 Posts
some people took it out but i left it in place and cleaned it the best i can. i didnt notice any difference but its nice knowing all of that black gunk is gone from the tb

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I also noticed better throttle response and a smoother idle after cleaning my throttle body.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts