SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was figuring NPM would do a write up on the SERCA meet down in Alabama last month? I wonder why they didn't do one? Mike? Anyone?
Travis

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
only cool SPEC-V stuff gets done... 'cause it's cooler than a SE-R...

[runs and ducks behind tire barrier]

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
I tried to advertise the convention on Nissan Forums, and it was moved to a section that is hidden from normal view. I never got a response about it from anyone there. If you look at NPM, almost every Nissan related site is there, except us. Even the V board is listed.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Thats because Nissanforums sucks ;)

If it wasn't for being friends with Sarah I don't even think I would read NPM either.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
FWIW-- Sarah inquired about using some of my track photos for a NPM writeup of the SERCA convention while we were at the track!

Guess somebody poo-pooed that right out of existence.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
FWIW-- Sarah inquired about using some of my track photos for a NPM writeup of the SERCA convention while we were at the track!

Guess somebody poo-pooed that right out of existence.

i think they are all poo-poo heads...

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
eric96ser said:
I tried to advertise the convention on Nissan Forums, and it was moved to a section that is hidden from normal view. I never got a response about it from anyone there. If you look at NPM, almost every Nissan related site is there, except us. Even the V board is listed.
Write an article for me and give me some pictures and I'll get them in NPM.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
BigB said:
i think they are all poo-poo heads...
Ok now I am pissed. None of us at NPM gets paid for doing any of it. We do it on our own free time because we like Nissans and we are trying to get the word about nissan performance out, with a diversity of different Nissans.

I mean whats that crap about only writing about Spec-V's? We only have one Spec-V project car and the majority of our Sentra Coverage is B13 and B14? I mean does that person that made that comment even read the sight one little bit?

The only NPM writers at the meet were sarah and myself and we have not had time to write about it. I mean right after the convention we were at SEMA for a week, then I have been racing and working on NA SR20 development. It was hard just writing a couple of NPM blips this month. You might notice that Sarah and I write quite a bit for NPM every month as it is and its hard to find the time as it is.

I mean how much do you PAY to read NPM? It takes about 80-100 man hours of work to get an issue of NPM out every month and it pisses me off that someone call me piece of exceremnt because I didnt cater to there every whim when its something they get for free.

Bite me BigB.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
eric96ser said:
If you contacted us and coordinated it, we would have given you a free banner on all of the sights.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Thats because Nissanforums sucks ;)

If it wasn't for being friends with Sarah I don't even think I would read NPM either.
If being Sarahs friend is the only reason you read NPM, then don't bother reading it. You might learn something about how things work from her collumn which goes beyone just being "her friend".

Mike

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Hmmm, NPM is the only reason I go over the nissanforums.com. I don't always understand what Mike and Sarah are writing about, but I understand more than I did 1 year ago. Of course, now I "know" what an angle job is it what it does, kind of.

I've been following the Pathfinder upgrades, of all things, because that's what we've been looking to get for a "mom" vehicle and tow vehicle.

I still have some free AEM stickers for Sarah if she wants them ;)

Later,
Mark(I don't have enough tact to brown nose)

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
Ok now I am pissed. None of us at NPM gets paid for doing any of it. We do it on our own free time because we like Nissans and we are trying to get the word about nissan performance out, with a diversity of different Nissans.

I mean whats that crap about only writing about Spec-V's? We only have one Spec-V project car and the majority of are Sentra Coverage is B13 and B14? I mean does that person that made that comment even read the sight one little bit?

The only NPM writers at the meet were sarah and myself and we have not had time to write about it. I mean right after the convention we were at SEMA for a week, then I have been racing and working on NA SR20 development. It was hard just writing a couple of NPM blips this month. You might notice that Sarah and I write quite a bit for NPM every month as it is and its hard to find the time as it is.

I mean how much do you PAY to read NPM? It takes about 80-100 man hours of work to get an issue of NPM out every month and it pisses me off that someone call me piece of exceremnt because I didnt cater to there every whim when its something they get for free.

Bite me BigB.

Mike
dude, mike chill out... i was half joking... sorry if i wasn't clear on that... next time i'll put :tongue: next to it. i do read NPM every once in a while.. it's a favorite on my browser FYI... however, it still stands true that the culture, not necessarily the magazine or articles on nissanforums is much more towards the SPec V crowd... i was not attacking you personally so relax.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
There was a article written for NPM about the SERCA convention. I happen to know who wrote it. For some reason it wasn't included though.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
david said:
There was a article written for NPM about the SERCA convention. I happen to know who wrote it. For some reason it wasn't included though.
I don't remember seeing it as submitted though. No one talked about when deciding what things to put in this months issue and hold over for next month.

We were struggling to have enough to publish this month.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
BigB said:
dude, mike chill out... i was half joking... sorry if i wasn't clear on that... next time i'll put :tongue: next to it. i do read NPM every once in a while.. it's a favorite on my browser FYI... however, it still stands true that the culture, not necessarily the magazine or articles on nissanforums is much more towards the SPec V crowd... i was not attacking you personally so relax.
Nissan forums evolved from the sentra.net forums and the GA16/QG18 Sentra crowd so the people are younger and naturaly not as tech savy as the SR20 folks. The sentra parts of the forum are the most popular but the SUV/Truck forum is gaining poplularity and the Altima forum is getting stronger.

Nissan forums is not the main forums for the Spec-V people, b15sentra.net and the V board are.

As far as NPM's culture being lifestyle ricer like you imply, I don't see how thats posible, we have a Turbo SE-R project car thats pretty hardcore, we have a low budjet classic project car, or GA16 project car is currently the most powerful GA16 that I know about, all of our other project cars are pretty techincaly extensive with little rice.

Our one ricey Spec-V project car is getting backburnered due to complaints about the rice content and we are working on a new Spec-V which is going to be more hard core. We also have race coverage with stuff featuring SCCA, NASA and Grand Am events (which happens to be the least read part of NPM) and very little lifestyle coverage.

Most of our articles and project cars are pretty technical. Our statisitcs show that the project cars are the most highly visited parts of NPM, followed by Sarah's collum and mine being a distant third. Very little rice.

Mike

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
look, i'm not here to get in a pissing match or anything.. i'm sorry if you got offened by my sarcasm..

if i knew this was such a touchy issue i wouldn't have said anything.

point is... why no write up yet?

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
BigB said:
look, i'm not here to get in a pissing match or anything.. i'm sorry if you got offened by my sarcasm..

if i knew this was such a touchy issue i wouldn't have said anything.

point is... why no write up yet?
Well my thing is, if you don't like NPM, then you are welcome to write for it to make it better, its a comunity based publication, its not like NPM is a corporation or anything. We will take anything Nissan related as long as its about performance and resonably well written.

No one did a write up on the convention, maybe Sarah did but I was not planning to. When she gets back in town I'll ask her and if she didnt, then someone can write it and I'll get it in.

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts