SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to any other forum and click on the general discusion, it's crammed with stuff about the WTC and anti-OBL propaganda. Why not here? Are world events not a subject of interest in this site?

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1BADZ28:
If you go to any other forum and click on the general discusion, it's crammed with stuff about the WTC and anti-OBL propaganda. Why not here? Are world events not a subject of interest in this site?</font>
There was for a while, I don't know why. I'm glad actually, I can go anywhere to talk about it, read about it. It's nice to have a refuge.

BTW, please don't troll this site...the SE-R people are good level headed gearheads not a bunch of idiot ricers.

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much for trolling, but I do enjoy a nice heated debate. BTW, do any of ya'll ever roll down to Enis on Friday nights?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually, there isn't any talk of it over at the Miata forum either. There was a section for it for a while, but the moderators eventually closed it down and directed people to other forums specifically relating to the incidents. That's how it should be in my opinion.

And this forum is for SR20DE related stuff. The off topic forum is for stuff that is not necessarily related to cars or the SR20DE. Although, most of the stuff there is car related. If you want to see stuff that's really out there, check in the Out There forum on ClubSi.

Ben
'93 NX

[This message has been edited by NXBen (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
my get away forum. SR20DE forum just that. off topic is a different story but would hate to see current events on my classic forum! (yes I'm an American.)

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Please keep politics and the WTC out of this forum. Everytime I discuss stuff like that I get banned at CSI. I am on my fifth or sixth screen name

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
163 hp, 124 lb-ft torque
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Why would you want to talk about the past event on the world trade center. First off this is an SR20 site and Unless the wtc was bombed using an Sr20powerd car it should be here. Second Like I said it's a past event, there is so much stuff going on here, especially in europe that the Ordinary American Civilians know nothing about and it's most likely going to stay that way. From a Military stand point I can honestly say we are going to be in this for the long haul, Now that Taliban itself wont last that long but as for terrorist organizations? They are an Enemy with no face and it takes time and a lot of money to deal with that. Honestly it's a pitched battle gentlemen But we have enough intel to Do what we need to do. It's time to take the gloves off, and please dont open any letters. =|

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm "1.0 Bar" UNDER RECONSTRUCTION :)

·
8,148 Posts
Well I guess we are talking about it now, but dude, I live in NYC and work for the city so believe me I don't want to talk about it. We here in NYC are living it and talking about it is too much. From traffic to Anthrax it is more than enough to deal with. I was just glad to make it to E-Town last week w/o getting my car stopped on The Verrazano for a search of it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXBen:
Actually, there isn't any talk of it over at the Miata forum either. There was a section for it for a while, but the moderators eventually closed it down </font>
They shut _everything_ down over there; more little padlocks than a True Value hardware store. Asking about shift knobs is a safe topic, though. :/

I don't have a problem with the odd WTC topic or post -- but I suspect many folks are in sensory-overload on the subject.

·
Registered
765 Posts
1BadZ28: I used to goto Ennis once in awhile, but I heard there arent any more street nights till next year

I'm going up to the 1/8th mile track in Denton/Sanger tonight with some of the SE-R folks.

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlanoSER:
1BadZ28: I used to goto Ennis once in awhile, but I heard there arent any more street nights till next year

I'm going up to the 1/8th mile track in Denton/Sanger tonight with some of the SE-R folks.
</font>
Where's that track located at. I might swing by and do a couple of runs, even though my tires are just about shot.

Elliot

[This message has been edited by 1BADZ28 (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
765 Posts
Basically take I35 North past Denton and you'll see it on the left side. Its actually in Sanger which is the next town up past Denton. I've never been but I'm meeting some folks from this board at the IHOP restaurant right off the highway at 11pm tonight. its 10 bux to run from midnight - 4am.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlanoSER:
Basically take I35 North past Denton and you'll see it on the left side. Its actually in Sanger which is the next town up past Denton. I've never been but I'm meeting some folks from this board at the IHOP restaurant right off the highway at 11pm tonight. its 10 bux to run from midnight - 4am.</font>

What's the name of that track again? I know I've heard of it, but I can't remember off hand. What exit is the IHOP at?

Elliot

·
Registered
765 Posts
"For anybody that wants to go to the races in sanger on friday night, were meeting at Ihop on I-35 at 11:00 pm. its very easy to get there. If your coming from dallas just get on I-35 and drive all the way to denton, when you see the exit for Ave. D, then exit. its just right there on your right. The exit number is 466B. if you plan on going please let me know so that we can wait for you.
thanks,
chris "

I just pasted his post from the other forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not going to make tonight either, I worked a 16 hour shift yesterday and today, and I'm going squirl hunting tomorrow morning. BUT, I would be interested in doing a couple of runs down the track against ya'll, and just shooting the ****. Maybe next Friday would be a good night to rally the troops, and have a get together.

Elliot

·
Registered
765 Posts
brian, what hours do ya'll need help workin

·
Registered
596 Posts
Brian, if you're overstocked on any parts, I'd be glad to take them off your hands to make the inventory numbers correct.

1BAD, I'd be up for next week. I can't make it to the track either this week. We usually discuss our DFW meets over in the Events forum. Come on by!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts