SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering why you don't see a lot of mustangs and what not (domestics) with turbos or superchargers. Is it because of the stereotyped idea that their engines can't handle forced induction reliably (or are they too lazey to upgrade cause they feel they have enough power)? Just curious.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought there were plenty of supercharged V8's out there. I was browsing magazines at the bookstore at school the other day and I started flipping through this magazine...GM something...anyway it had an article on a daily driven supercharged Camero that runs 11s. I think that Mustang Cobras are supercharged as well, but I'm saying it without confirming it.
Browsing ClubSI, I've heard of a few turbocharged Mustangs as well.

But I think the reason why you don't see many is because its probably pretty expensive, and that they get pretty good power out of NA mods already.

------------------
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
There's a couple of twin turbo mustangs in my town. They're fast as HELL! There's also a few supercharged one's. Some people are just happy with all motor I guess.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
118 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tkyan:
I think that Mustang Cobras are supercharged as well, but I'm saying it without confirming it.
</font>
Cobras don't come with Superchargers, but it is a common upgrade, you can get it as an option from ford.

·
0 Posts
I dont know what you are talking about either. I see plenty of supercharged V8s out here in FLA. You know, the ones that twist when they take off!!! wooohooooo!!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, there is a turbo cobra that runs around town, and is pretty quick, and have seen a few liginfelter vettes, but no company makes a cheap, easy turbo kit for one, superchargers are the way to go for them.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Man, I see tons of supercharged mustangs and f-bodies. Not many turbos, but lots of superchargers. I can see how it could be a prob on the f-bodies for turbos, their engine bays are pretty damn tight. I'm pretty sure the Cobra is NA. The SVT Lightening on the other hand, I know has a blower on it.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts