SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I had bought my little NX 2000 at a local dealership, it was the only NX 2000 i'd seen in a while, it was in good shape and the price was right. It's been trouble free since i bought it, but i noticed it was sluggish at take off, but great after it got going. So i take it to that dealer to have them check it out. The mechanic drives it and says, since it has alot of miles, it's not going to be peppy like a new car(note:110,000 miles) I disagreed, simply because my last nissan had 168,000 and was strong until the day i drove it into a pond. Anywho, I take the car to our local Nissan dealership VanDynHoven Imports, and they had my problem figured out in no time. Hillbilly motors had put motorcraft sparkplugs that were similar, but not the ones I needed in the car and the aftermarket K-mart-esque wires we're arcing on the engine, resulting in loss of power. My finger goes up to Hick dealers everywhere and my props go to Nissan. Not just because they figured it out, but because their customer service was beyond any I've experienced in a long time. I now believe that after therapy, I can get past having a Ford product inserted into my vehicle. lol

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I'm glad your car works well now, but I'm more intrigued by how you drove into a pond.

There's a story there!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had some flooding by my apartment a few years back and i was driving my 1976 280 Z and i didnt know the road i was driving on was completely flooded,and had turned into a pond. And since those old z's have the air intake in front by the bumper water went in the air intake and into the engine and cracked the block. Thats a painful memory.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you ever seen A Christmas Story. remember the part where they were sitting at the table and the mom was asking the youngest son what a piggie says? well, I'm asking you what does homer simpson say? :) man, that really sucks (about your z) I see em' all day, every day and have considered selling my 98, buying a 91-92 and also a z,but either a 240 or a 260. sweeeeeet (cartman this time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts