SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I got an insurance check the other day and am wondering what kind of mod I should do next, my ultimate goal is to run 12s in 1/4, but I want a badazz car all around. so I have done a gtir swap,hks filter,three inch exhuast,es mounts all over the place,turbo timer, and boost controler,and an act clutch. so should I do suspension or engine?? by the way I have 1,700 to play with the rest goes to auto insurance. give me some sugestions on what I should get

Thanks Jason

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS INTAKE,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS AND MOUNTS.

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
SE-R Nut-in-Training
161 Posts
How to put this politely? I think I hate you.
If you haven't done any suspension work yet, I'd say that would be your best move. With decent tires and the AGX/GC combo (375fr/275rr), I was able to knock almost 1/2 a second off my times. I run occasionally at the local 1/8th mile track, so I'm still working on my launch. my 60' times went from 2.39 to 2.17 on street tires. Just my opinion, but something to think about.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
how much is the check? how is your paint looking? have you ever condsidered getting your car repainted? new paint can make your car shine...i mean, you want a badazz car all around don't you?
of course, i wish i had all the **** you have on my 93 NX.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Paint?!? Whatsa matta you?

You're in the ballpark of Motivational coil-overs, or alternatively GC coil-overs/camber plates/etc. Go for suspension.

Don't be glued to the straightline stuff. You're not far from Hallett or autocross events. Imagine that car with coil-overs and R-compound tires on a road course - now that would be "badass."

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am just trying to get some ideas along the way too and I was wondering how much you paid for your GTI-R engine? Installed? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Since you didnt mention a front mount or fuel pump that that should definitely be on your list, especially if your pushing a max of say 15psi. Other than that not a lot of ppl should be able to past or beat you. If thats done already than of couse suspension, set of nice rims with the agx/gc combo and lastly maybe set or stainless steel brake line to help you when you notice getting you to 120+mph is very easy even in 5th gear.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking suspension, but I have a freind with a 2000 chevy camaro ss and I wanna be able to take him. so I am thinking fuel pump, and injectors fo a start, from there I am not sure, any more responses are greatly appreciated and maybe if you guys know some prices on some of the stuff.Oh by the way I got the engine from a place called R390 motorsports their out on the west coast, The guy I dealt with was Karim, here is his e-mail [email protected]
tell him Jason out of oklahoma sent you(might get me a discount on my next order.)

Later,Jason

[This message has been edited by NX-t (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. I've always thought fast cars should have as much Whoa as Go, So I say go for some SMC stainless steel brake lines, high-performance brake pads (I like Porterfield R4-S's) and new Brembo rotors depending on your existing rotors condition. Oh, and don't forget a brake fluid change with some Motul 600 or equivalents. This should leave you enough money to some excellent non-coil over springs (I recommend Hypercoils) and KYB / AGX shocks.

Keep in mind if your friend with the Camaro SS spends as much money as you do on go fast goodies, you will never catch him in a straight line
Let's hope his budget isn't as high as yours.

------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, JWT Pop-Charger, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace, Stillen STB, SMC SS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts