SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - as this is my first NX I'm not sure what the gauge should read. On the way back from michigan (igh 50's) the temp gauge read like my g20 and 200sx right below the middle, however this morning on the way to work the car warmed up for 5mins before I started driving, I had the heater on most of the time and it never got above 1/4 on the gauge, when I turned the heater off it raised a little but not much - I don't have the front spoiler on but still - I thought NX's were notorius for running a little warm....
Anyways since its running cold I'm not to worried but damn the heater never got that hot and it wasnt THAT cold this morning...

Chris

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
If you run the heater you will keep the car cooler longer. If I crank my car up and turn on the heater wait 5-10 minutes then drive it, my guage is about 1/4 and the air is just warm. If I crank the car up and leave the heater off wait 5-10 minutes then drive it, guage is almost 1/2 way and the air is alot warmer. It shouldn't make alot of difference, another thing is maybe your thermstat needs to been changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts