SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever experienced this noise from their SR20...it sounds like its coming from the backside of the motor. deep thumping sound...not too loud but noticable when idling in the driveway. I put my ear to the fender and it sounds like a...light thumps. Mabye 3 at a time then it stops for a couple of seconds and it does it again. Doesn't affect drivablity and recently did a compression test and all 4 cylinders checked out fine. Idle is normal. Spark plugs are fine. I do think my flex pipe has a small leak. But any ideas?

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys got a little update. Took my car to a muffler shop to get the flex pipe repaired. while the car was on the lift. ( car was running so we could detect all the leaks. ) The welder and I both noticed the light knocking sound coming from the block. Could this be a spun or loose bearing? The sound isn't constant. ( not to loud ethier ) Any thoughts guys? If it happens to be internal damage..i'll probably replace the motor with a DET...no need in rebuilding this one.

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

1 - 3 of 3 Posts