SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..just wondering if any of you guys ever experience this before...Got the pedal to the floor..hit 3rd gear and get up to about 4000 and see your Battery light, and E-brake light flicker. I have a Voltage gauge and its wierd...Voltage drops from 14 volts to about 11-12volts. Thinking it might be a problem with my alternator. Anybody else have this happen to them?

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
Registered
178 Posts
my Nx did that for a little bit and stopped. I agree it might be the alternator.
The brake light always seems to go on along with the volt light.
Was it snowy/slushy out? Mine did the same thing and it might have been a wet belt or something, because after it dried out it stopped.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just happened to me last week, rounding a corner in the rain. Checked for shorts, but alas, it was the alternator. A word of warning...I had my '96 alternator rebuilt last March and it died last week. I went ahead and splurged and bought a brand new one for $320, since I knew I wasn't going to sell the car with in the next two years. Just food for thought, ya' know cost/benefit analysis junk and all.

My two cents,
ryan
'96 SE-R w/ Hotshot Gen. 4 headers, GC coilovers, HKS catback, other junk and two day old Clutch Specialties clutch and Mueller 10 lb. flywheel (Yeeee-haawww!)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh, yeah, nice car bTW!

ryan

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again Thanks for you help Guys!!! Im probably gonna be running my car at Sac Raceway this Saturday. ( Test N Tune )...I'll let it go till then and see if its still wiggin out. If so then I i'll be investing in a new Alternator..Damn..320...there goes my clutch money..but we'll see..he,he,he

·
Registered
244 Posts
my batt and brake light have been on since i bought my nx, just got a diagnostic from nissan and they said that i have a bad diode in my alt, so i gotta get a new alt.

Daniel K
93 NX2000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts