SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm picking up my GTi-R swapped 91 ser this weekend....and just need to know if the stock hood will fit on there, wiht the top mount. i have a 94 se parts car...so i have a spare hood and junk in case i decide it needs *vents.

*vents in redneck terms = GAPING holes made with my plasma cutter :biggthump

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,667 Posts
you could use a sti hood scoop (which still wouldnt cover the whole ic) might look a little funny but whatever works. gti-r hood scoops are ugly IMO. what are your plans? scoop? vent? nothing?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a big gaping hole...haha

i'm being serious

the top mount might not even be on the car for first start up, haven't decided yet. my FMIC isn't here yet.....so i might just have to run aroudn with no hood for a while

i was just wanting to see if it'd fit, in case i have to go get inspected...cause, they like hoods for inspections, so i've heard

·
SE-R Geek / Nissan Tech
814 Posts
seems to me a bunch of people on here have doen it without cutting a giant hole in the hood....my guess is that it will fit....even if you have to trim the framing on the underside of the hood

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,667 Posts
sciamop said:
Ummm... remember the job of the intercooler is to COOL the air going into the engine. So unless you want a heat soaked chunk of aluminum sitting on top of your engine, you'll need to come up with a venting strategy or go FMIC.

Todd
91 SE-R
93 240sx
Hes running it w/ out a hood. He was only asking incase he had the car inspected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts