SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched for this...and someone asked if a sr16ve head would fit onto the sr20 block, and he also asked the question im askin. everyone was trying to answer the question about the head though. so now im asking, will the sr16ve cams fit into a sr20de?

Me and a friend both have se-r's and if anyone has suggestions of what to do for more hp please tell!!!!
thanks

·
Built not bought
1,169 Posts
ummmm no way and i dont think it would make any sense even if it could those 2 engines do not interchange sr16 ve - sr20ve sr20de with other sr20de motors ve and de is a no no :biggthump

·
Built not bought
1,169 Posts
th ehead might fit on the de block though not really sure abou tthat one :biggthump

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
The head will fit, I think is was Payu that did a VE head on a DE block. The cams will not work!

·
Grandma's gonna get ya!
1,871 Posts
If you ask questions like this outside the newbie section, you will indeed get flamed badly. Not by me, but by a bunch of other people. Just thought I'd give you fair warning. ;)

Now, I'd read the thread below if I was you and it should explain why putting VE cams in a DE head (even if it were at all possible- which it's not) would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. :biggthump

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=70960

Your best bet on this forum is to spend a lot of time reading and researching and then ask questions about what you don't or can't find after you've acquired some foundational knowledge. There is a lot to learn about here and there have been tons of questions answered- you can spend a great deal of time reading and learning in other words.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
coalitionSE-L said:
If you ask questions like this outside the newbie section, you will indeed get flamed badly. Not by me, but by a bunch of other people. Just thought I'd give you fair warning. ;)

Your best bet on this forum is to spend a lot of time reading and researching and then ask questions about what you don't or can't find after you've acquired some foundational knowledge. There is a lot to learn about here and there have been tons of questions answered- you can spend a great deal of time reading and learning in other words.
Well said ^^^^. Ditto. :D

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
92 Black13 said:
i know enough the nissan is nothing like honda
Another tip for a newb ;) . We are discussing different pistons being dropped into a motor. We were not discussing the fact that you are aware that a Nissan is nothing like a Honda. You sir, are "off topic" in this thread. Ten demerits! LOL. :tongue: You should stick to the subject at hand "off topic" is pretty self-explanatory, off topic results in "thread jacking." :eek2:

Sorta like what I just did ^^^^^. :rofl:

Where were we? Oh yeah, pistons. My mechanical knowledge is waaay too limited to have a clue. LOL. But I spend enough time on the forum to know that coalitionSE-L knows what he is talking about. So, what he said. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts