SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 91 se-r about a month ago and I love the car! The only problem so far is that the windows are really, really hard to roll up. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how I would go about fixing this. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've had mine 4 months and I have almost the exact oposite. My windows are way too loose. I think I'll yank the door panel this weeekend and take a look at the channel. I thin I remember that the hard to rolll up windows is caused by a breakdown of the channel lining that catches the window, and make it hard to roll up or down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with my '91 NX just after I bought it. I took off the door panel and the plastic sheet underneath just a little. At the bottom of the door a screw was out of the rollup mechanism. I just put in a new screw and it was like new. I also found the original window sticker stuffed down into the door like the guy just rolled down the window and the sticker was gone when he rolled it back up. I think the previous owner was a dork.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Its the classic, classic syndrome. the channel tears and the rubber rubs hard on the window. take the door apart and you can fix it by either replacing it or cutting the tore part. i just live with mine check the archives on se-r.net and the faq there its all explained in there

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
just knock em' out and put that NASCAR mesh crap in there. or better yet, just Dukes of Hazzard it

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
How did you guys make out with the window fix. My 92 has the same problem. What I do is using my left hand, start to roll the window up to the point where is sticks, then grab the glass near the top, at the point where it angles down, and oull it backwards. It moves back a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

Chris Scarpulla
92 SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just did mine last weekend. All went pretty good. I also had the window track popout. I just readjusted the travel and window placement while I had the door panel off. Works good now and no more wind noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts