SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry, the name of them has left my mind right now. anyways, i am sick of hearing them vibrate every time "my favorite game" by the cardigans hits a certain bass note, or any song...

so, is there a way to shut them up, or do i have to buy all new window roller upper thingies? they vibrate where the circular part meets the plastic long part, erg here's an illistration:

---O

this is the thing that you roll the window up and down with. where the "O" hits the "-" it makes a HUGE vibrating noise when i crank a song and it hits bass notes (i don't have any 'woofers or anything). so, does anyone know how to fix that, or know of replacements?

i feel so stupid right now....

------------------
featured your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

·
Registered
466 Posts
You mean the window cranks? Use some tape on them. Mine don't rattle at all. Oh wait!! I have power windows, that's why.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I tried to reply this morning but it would go so here goes again

Acutaly its the window regulator, thats its name. The sissor lift looking thing. Mine rattles from time to time, mostly from vibrations from the engine. I used to be able to hit the door and it would stop but that doesnt work anymore. And it has recently stoped making the noise lately for some reason. Probaly since setting the timing the engine has been running smoother. But anyway. Changeing it probayl is one of the only way to fix it. Cause most everything in there is rivited together and not easily replaced. Its not a hard part to replace, I did it on my samurai once. Part shouldnt be more than 30 bucks I would guess, but not sure never looked. Or you could probaly try to find whats vibrating and see if you can bend or tighten it up somehow.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!

Thanks for this post, Monsoon, I about wet myself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts