SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of 200's with a window tint? I'm trying to decide how dark I want it, and how our cars look with a tint. Thanks. If it's a Sentra or the egg I'll look at those too, I didn't mean to sound biased.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

·
Registered
756 Posts

I think the tint on my car is 16% or darker. I HATE driving my car at night, you cannot see anything. I would get it replaced but I don't have the funds.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
check out my site. These are 35% and they look good and i can see more than enough at night.
www.geocities.com/nyceser

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have 12% on my G20, and I love it. If you want, I will throw up some pics.

------------------

Kris94G20™

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 04-12-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
Does anyone have any pics of 200's with a window tint? I'm trying to decide how dark I want it, and how our cars look with a tint. Thanks. If it's a Sentra or the egg I'll look at those too, I didn't mean to sound biased.

</font>
I would do 20% on the rear 3 and 35% on the side.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

G

·

this is my car, back 3 windows are 5% side doors are 20%(used to be 5 till i got pulled over) the entire windshield is 35% with a top strip on the windshield of 5%

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what prices are you guys paying for this? What about warranties? lifetime? for bubbles and fading?

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

·
Registered
756 Posts
My SE-R came with tint, but I got limo tint on my last car for $110 with warranty. It was 5 windows. Pretty much every shop in arizona is in that range. I've heard other places that arent as "sunny" as phoenix are paying $200+. Remember not to get dyed tint, it will fade and turn purple.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Holy **** dude....your entire windshield is 35 percent? You must really love tint.

</font>
One of my really good friends tints windows for a living so I get a really good deal on it. I personally love the 35% on the entire window. I no longer have the strip on the top of the windshield. the place where my friend used to work would never tint the entire window(i don't think any tint shops will) but here in wisconsin a tint job on my car would probably cost about $180. I got mine done(windshield and all) for $100. when i got pulled over and had to take the top strip off(only got a fix it ticket and the cop shop i went to to have signed off didn't notice the front windshield was tinted) it cost me $30 for the doors to get redone.
whew, that was long, sorry.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just got mine done 22% all around. i dont have pics of it yet. but it looks great. its not too dark, not too light. I just got pulled oevr the other night, cop didnt say a thing
I was supposed to pay 150 bucks, but i "accidentally' forgot to pay !!!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
This gonna sound dumb, but did anyone tint the sunroof? I know it has a stock tint to it, but did anyone remove that and make it darker? I'm just curious.</font>

Doubtul. I think it's already like 5 percent from the factory. Either way its pretty dark..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I think I've decided to go 35%. That's what my bro has and it's really nice looking IMHO. Not to dark but keeps the car cooler. Thanks for all your pictures and advice.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R

·
Registered
705 Posts
This gonna sound dumb, but did anyone tint the sunroof? I know it has a stock tint to it, but did anyone remove that and make it darker? I'm just curious.</font>
You cant remove the factory tint, unless you get a new piece of glass. Factory tint is smoked glass, not a sheet of plastic.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97ser:

this is my car, back 3 windows are 5% side doors are 20%(used to be 5 till i got pulled over) the entire windshield is 35% with a top strip on the windshield of 5%
</font>
Dude, that is a nice color 200SX. I a mseriously thinking about getting a 200SX to replace my NX2000. How much do they go for now 95-97?

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Dude, that is a nice color 200SX. I a mseriously thinking about getting a 200SX to replace my NX2000. How much do they go for now 95-97?

</font>
yeah, ive never seen that color before either. If oyu want a 97 SE-R, right now you could probably nail one for about 9 grand. I payed $9300 for mine last April, and that was about the normal price for one in good shape. Id say about $8,000 for a 95.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
466 Posts
That color was only offered in '97. I've seen it on the trucks and the 200s. Lew in TX with the automatic turbo has the same color. I like that color along with the '95 purple 200s.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Are you sure? My 1996 is that color. Or is it a slight difference? Hmm...I want to get my windows tinted really bad. I have a 40 minute drive to work everyday with the sun shining in on my driver's side, so I have the AC on "3" the whole way. ARG!

Ju§tin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts