SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, both are getting kind of bad, driver side one being the worst, when i roll it it kind of pops out, and i have to push it back on the track...well, i dont HAVE to, but it makes it easier to roll it up, otherwise it pops out, and its a pain in the ass to roll up. this is how i've been getting my excercise for the last 3 years, but now its pissing me off.

what do i need to do to fix it???

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Use a silicon spray or something similar. Spray it in the window jams, roll the window up and down a few times, and you are done.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The windows on my sister's '91 were the same way, and now after almost a year, they are still easy to roll up and down.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Its a common problem. One fix is what eric said. The root of the problem is the rubber on the window guides down in the door. ive heard if you take off the door panal you probaly will see the rubber thats tore and binding on the window. ive heard just cut the tore piece off and it will work fine. Ive never done it, even tho mine are hard to roll up

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
I have tried every lube out there to fix my windows. they seem to work for a few days but get hard to roll up again. I am thinking about buying some more rubber chanel for the windows. anyone tried this, had any good results, if so what kind of channel.

Darren

------------------
91 Classic running 9.6's in 1/8 W/ Header& PR CAI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts