SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my wipers suck. the 3 speeds that they have are slow with like a 15 sec delay, slow wit no dely, and moderate speed. so its good for down pour or drizzle only. nothing in between. whats up wit that. plus my wipers make a lous squeek when they go. unless it is pouring rain of course. its come to the point that if the visibility isnt too bad, ill wait til the last minute to even wipe the window.

is there a way to upgrade this??? like a new motor? or do i just need new wipers so they stop squeeking? im so lost with this. :(

·
8,148 Posts
Funny, I may have one Nissan Euro 100NX wiper left. I have 5 of them and two of them are sold. The kind with the factory spoiler on it. May help keep the wiper a little more secure to the windshield. If I do not sell the other 3 tonight, I can save it for you.

·
broke, busted and rusted
2,095 Posts
new wiper blades with an alcohol wipe before the first use and rain-X works freaking wonders. My wipers keep my window crystal clear works likea squigee now.
I cannot have bad wipers as i have poor night vision and i cant see jack out of a blurry window.
but it all works fine now. As for the speed i remeber reading aboutsomeone putting the 240 wiper switch in a b13. It has variable speed switch. I think it might have been on Se-r.net

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I want the wiper Ian!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got some new wipers from silblade and they are fantastic. Dead quiet in any level of rainfall. They supposedly last 5 years too.

Blake
91nx2k

·
Registered
186 Posts
wax ur window, adn get new wipers, i know waxing window seems weird but i just put 1 coat of mothers step one oxidation remover on my window every like 6 or 7 times my car washes or every 20 or so rains and the water beads so i can actaully not use my wipers at all if im on highway cause it just gets blown off...

·
8,148 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
I want the wiper Ian!
It is yours. It is $19.00+ $8.50 for the shipping from Germany + like $2.00 to you if you are interested. The other 3 are for my local guys. I should not be more than like $2.00 USP tops from me to you. I wish it were cheaper, but the $85.00 shipping I have to send Koschi had to be broken down into 10 people.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Never heard of Rain-X?
You can get it at any store around here, wal-mart, autozone, heck, gas stations have one-time use cloths for $1.

Let me know if you need a bottle sent over... shipping will kill you, but a large bottle would last you for 10 years, costs about $10 I think.

It is some sort of alcohol that seals the windshield kind of like wax. At moderate speeds and above you don't need wipers at all, the water beads into super-tiny droplets and just streaks off the window.

Here is the USPS rates to australia:

Service Speed* Price Dimensions
Global Express Guaranteed Document Service
(See Service Guide Before Mailing) 2 - 3 Days $45.00 Max. length 46", width 35", height 46" and max. length plus girth 108"
Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Service
(See Service Guide Before Mailing) 2 - 3 Days Max. length 46", width 35", height 46" and max. length plus girth 108"
Calculate Price based on Dimensional Weight.
Global Express Mail (EMS) 3 - 5 Days $20.50 Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79"
Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (large) 4 - 6 Days $9.00 9-1/2" x 12-1/2"
Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (small) 4 - 6 Days $5.00 6" x 10"
Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (single) 4 - 6 Days $11.00 Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"
Airmail Letter Post 4 - 7 Days $9.70 Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"
Airmail Parcel Post 4 - 10 Days $14.50 Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 79"
Economy (Surface) Letter Post
(Rate for pieces 16 ounces or less) 4 - 6 Weeks $4.05 Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"
Economy (Surface) Parcel Post
(Rate for pieces 5 pounds or less) 4 - 6 Weeks $21.50 Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 79"
*Designed to be delivered in the number of business days specified for each service depending on origin and destination.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sweet thanks, i'll chase it up today after work.

Most probably if they cost $1 for one wipe, it would cost $10 here.

·
Autoxing B13!!
150 Posts
PIAA has great blades...also has treatment for the winshield so they do not sqeak. 100% silicone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts