SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use the stock harness w/ a BB DET on a B14?

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI(soon to be installed), timing @ 17, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, KYB GR2's all around(soon to be replaced w/ Motivational fronts), APC Clear corners, and Focus short throw.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Yes it is. Actully you have to if you are using you B14 ECU. The BB ECU is an obd1 style like the b13 91-93 SE-R's and the harness will not plug into the obd2 type ECU's. I think...

Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I'm probly gonna go with the stock B14 ECU and i'll never find a DET w/ OBDII. Would or does JWT program ECUs w/o the OBDII instructions?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Bwilsor If you can find a 91 ECU and harness for cheap that might be the rout you want to go. This way you won't have as many worries about having mil lights running the DET with no EGR. I think JWT can cut out the EGR **** on the earlyer ecu easyer. I also think JWT's programing is cheaper on the 91 ecu. You might even be able to send them you 97 core and have them take it as payment for programing?? Who knows...

Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i'll give that a try. Thankls mike.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possible for me to use the stock N/A ECU on the BB DET?

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I doubt you can use a N/A ecu with the DET. The ecu isn't calibrated for the bigger injectors so my guess is the engine would run really really rich if it ran at all.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spdracerUT:
I doubt you can use a N/A ecu with the DET. The ecu isn't calibrated for the bigger injectors so my guess is the engine would run really really rich if it ran at all.

</font>
You can run the stock ECU on a DET. The check engine light will be on all the time and the performance fells like it's laging (compared to a DET ECU or a JWT ECU).
Bwilsor, if your looking for a BB ECU you should try [email protected] He will most likly have some in stock.

------------------

paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just getting the answers now before its too late. I don't have the det yet, I'm getting all my money together, all that is left is to save for is the JWT ECU. I just fogured that if I can use the non-turbo ecu for a little while then i could get the motor and have it installed a little sooner. I'm trying to get this all done before i go to Myrtle beach for july 4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts