SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend will be when it happens. Some Nor-Cal SE-R dudes will be helping me install a DET into my 91 SE-R.

We have everything ready to do the basic swap and then some. Along with the motor, a ZEX lw flywheel is going in, my UR pullies are being transferred over and a new axle will be put in place. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. ;)

I will be running the top mount for a short time, it's pretty cool here in Nor-Cal, temps don't get above 60 F, but I'm soon getting the SR20 Development Stage 2 FMIC kit. Comes with a Spearco core and all piping. As soon as I get the core, I will be getting Swain's Black Body Emitter Coating for the ultimate sleeper look. :) I'll even slap on the stock wheels and surprise a few people.

So, wish me luck! Luis promises to take some good video and pics of us to document all the action.

·
Registered
521 Posts
how much is the front mount kit?? and what is a stage II, is there a stage I, or III??? what does it consist of??

·
Retired VE Owner
548 Posts
How exciting! Good luck. Make sure you tell us how it goes.

And also, do you have a link on info for that Sr20Development IC kit??

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stage I is the relocation kit - moving the BB IC as a front mount.

Stage II is using a better IC, namely the Spearco, I've heard it's a little smaller than the F-Max one, I'll take measurements when I get it. I'm the #3 person to order the SR20 Development Stage II kit. ;) It's supposed to be a pure bolt-on affair, much like the HS one.

Keep your fingers crossed for me this weekend!

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok everyone, sorry to take a while to respond, but the DET breathed its first breaths Sunday night and we spent an hour tweaking it to get a stable idle and set the timing. We only have a couple of bugs: the fans always stay on and sometimes the idle fluctuates. There's also some hesitation when you get on the throttle in 1st and 2nd at about 2k rpms.

But, I think I have a good idea how to solve these problems. Anyways, boost is addicting!!! I'm averaging about 20mpg cuz I can't control myself. But I don't care. I still need to get a 3" exhaust and put in the FMIC. I bought a Radio Shack indoor/outdoor thermometer that I will use to take intake temps with the TMIC, the BB IC mounted up front and the bigger IC mounted up front. I'll post that data, since it sounds like some good info for everyone to know.

Overall the install went smoothly and it only took 2.5 days with a lot of BSing and other people getting work done to their cars (cams, tuneups, and timing adjustments). NorCal is back!

Take it easy guys! (gotta change sig now)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts