SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow i will be doing my suspension. i am putting the following on my 93 nx2000:

205/40R16 toyo proxies
lenso vpd wheels
kyb agx's
suspension techniques lowering springs (-1.5")
stillen camber adjustment plates
stillen tower brace
koni bump-stops
oem strut dust boots
suspension techniques f&r swaybar set
an entire energy suspension master set
and a partridge in a pear tree.

anyone want to bet how long it will take my dumb ass to install this by myself? (it took me 8 hours to do a stillen short shifter and put in the shift stablizer bushings)

place your bets now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
master set alone tok me like 2 whole days and still not doneI figure 4 days for you! with power tools good luck though. when you finish tell us what you think of the new stuff.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
suspention stuff about 5 hours (my time) and the master kit is a whore from what I have heard. you have to burn out some stuff, and have some stuff pressed in. fun, fun, fun

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay..here's the answer...... . . . . . . . . .

i started saturday around 12noon (slept late) and worked straight through until..get this..5am... and that's stopping without a rear swaybar in and the OEM one ductaped up so it wouldn't move. ( i had a nut strip real, real, REAL bad at about 4:15, and nothing to remove it with)

well, i started today at 4pm and cut the nut off with a sawzall and then drilled the rest out. changed rear bar in about 2 hours.
after that i had to re-mount the front bar because the car was too low to only use one spacer. this took 2.5 hours. cleaned the wheels for about 1 hour and then went home.

so, the grand total on install is (not including the subsequent tweaking that i will need to do) is...

shocks, springs, towerbrace,
wheels, fr sway bar, and
full master set - 17hrs

rear swaybar and remount
front swaybar - 4.5hrs

clean wheels - 1 hrs

total -22.5hrs
total if i had help a lot less

i'm tired of doing all this **** by myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you from? Go get some friend for goodness sake!

MarC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had a friend helping me. i am using his tools. his honda ass is the one who got me started doing this stuff..ya know 'gave me the bug' and i really got into doing this and spending money on my car. his bitchass then decides to move to atlanta (2.5hrs away) and promises he'll come back and help me ever once in a while. he hasn't returned yet. he really sucks.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
hey, measure twice, cut once. at least you did it right the first time

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope. i didn't do it right the first time. stillens camber adjustment plates are not designed to be used with kyb agx's. i wasn't able to get a correct reading with the torque wrench and they vibrated loose and were shaking around last night. i fixed them tonight though. and i also changed the bumpstops to halfs from 2/3's..ride is improving...slowly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts