SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hearing all this talk of NOS....wondering what it is like to ride in a NOS-equipped SE-R. is it perfectly safe to get a NOS kit? What are the disadvantages? Once NOS is engaged, how long do you feel it for? I'd like to ride in a car with NOS..

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
194 Posts
it's really nice!! Picture having more torque at 3000 rpms than you do at 5000 rpms. Unlike running NA were hp and torque build to a peak high in the rpm range, NOS kicks in early and hard....this equates to instantly passing people :).

You can use it as long as you want....but if you use it longer than like 15 seconds straight, I think it could get dangerous for the engine (plus by then you're doing 130+ mph!).

I'm glad I invested in it, I really don't do any street racing, or drag racing, but it makes one hell of a passing gear!

later
Bryan

·
Registered
194 Posts
yep, jim wolf 50 shot. If you already have their performance computer, it's not **as** bad.

$450 for the nitrous hardware
$495 for the nitrous computer programming.

just a couple of notes:
--the nitrous soleniod is a 'pro' version. very heavy duty, so it doesn't clog up and doesn't need to be rebuilt all the time.
--the nitrous programming pretty much makes the use of nos idiot proof, and bulletproof. which is what turned me on to this setup despite the high cost.

The way I looked at it was, buy the nos kit for $1000, and be able to squeek into the 13's down the 1/4 mile with pretty much just slicks and JWT intake. or buy headers ($400), s4 cams ($550), gready exhaust ($600), CAI ($150), etc. and have a loud, rough idling car that runs 14.4's down the 1/4 mile with slicks.
my way, I'm running stock nissan exhaust and manifold, so I can putt around nice and quiet, get great gas mileage, then if I want to thrash alittle, flip a switch ...power! just my $.02 :)

later

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
SilverSX;

Riding in a nitrous-equipped car is a hoot, as long as the nitrous system is accurately setup and monitored. If it's not, you're messing with a destroyed engine as a result.
I have videos on my website (link is below) that shows you what it's like for an SE-R on nitrous. Watch those videos (the drag race ones) to get an idea. Notice how the pony cars I race get a one car-length jump on me in the first 60 feet. Then watch as the nitrous is activated and I reel them in. Quickly.

By the way...NOS is short for the brand Nitrous Oxide Systems...not short for nitrous oxide in general. Nitrous is the chemical, NOS is the brand name. Just a pet peeve of mine...

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
SILVERSX I JUST INSTALLED A NOS KIT ON FRIDAY IN MY 92 CLASSIC WITH A 50 WET SHOT AND MY SE-R RUNS GREAT. IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN POWER. AS LONG AS THE JUICE IS ACTIVATED THE CAR KEEPS ON PULLING. I LOVE IT! SE-R-DRIVER-4-LIFE!

92 SE-R H/S HEADER,INTAKE,EXHAUST,MSD,ACT CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FUQ MAN AH KANT FIGURR OUT H0W 2 GIT KAPZ LOK OFF!!!

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey guys,
I was wonderin, I have the Greddy exhaust on my Classic. The pipe diameter is 50mm according to their catalog. This calculates to about 2". Will this be a possible restriction when I finally run nos?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey SE-Rican, I'll be getting my NX wet sys on Thursday> Do you know of any tips before I install it, short cuts, plus I plan on trying to hide it..
can't wait till I get it in..

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts