SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You say the clutch wasnt properly adjusted. Ok how do you adjust it? Ive been thinking of this all week since you said you called JWT. And another idea wondering I had was this. Think you might actualy put more hp down to the dyno now? Since susposaly that clutch was improperly adjusted and probaly slipping all to hell or what ever we did wrong, maybe some different dyno numbers may result? Which way did they say it was in error? To the slipping side, or to the we had it too tight side? Just this stupid head of mine thinking lately.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How are you susposed to adjust it? Me be ignorant in clutch problems. Never worked on one before, always used to let the mechanic do such things.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL wasnt even thinking of that. Hell I didnt know what the hell you were doing, I thought you were just tightening down the bolts. How do you adjust the pressure plate? Like I said me be ignorant.

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
Alright you two, I didn't know the JWT clutch needed a different adjustment from a OE one.</font>
It dosent.

MarC

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it just needs adjustment after the initial breakin. my clutch release point? was on the floor when put in originally, and it is about halfway up now after the pp was broken in. if it was halfway up at the get go, then the clutch would have alot of slippage, and would probably get hotter than ****. did you not smell the clutch burning?

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Was adjusted too loose.

Will be interesting to dyno her next month indeed

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts