SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back again... But the problem is it wont boost pass 10 psi on the highway??? But on the road I can boost it to 13 psi. SO what the hell is going on? Am about to kick this car... Help please.

Richie

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
What kind of setup do you have? What turbo? Internal or external wastegate? What kind of boost controller?

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I gather its a BB DET by your other question and posts. Are you running a BoostControler? The problem I was having on the strip/high rpm driving is the t25 coulden't breath enough air for the motor. I'd set it to 13psi and it would hold from 3kto5k then it would rapidly drop from 13psi to 6-6psi from 5k to redline.

Solution... Buy a bigger turbo!

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I set mine for like 13 psi.... Then it drops to 10 psi.. Is that ok??? I have the BB setup. Hummm Does anyone Have a turbo for sale?

Richie

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Yea, if you're still using that T25, that's what limiting you boost.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will only hold 13psi for only couple of secs and go back down to 11 psi? It should hold 13psi longer right?

Richie

·
_______
3,640 Posts
What kind of BC are you using? How long is a sec(RPM range?) I woulden't boost the t25 past 10psi for long periods anyway. You'll end up: Cracking the manifold,blowing out you manifold gaskets or destroying the turbo.

I found that the t25 DET turbo seems to make the most power @ 10psi. When I turned it up to 13-14 it got slower. I can pull 13.9's @ 10psi and the best I could get @ 13-14psi was a measly 14.2. I think the back pressure from the tiney t25 housing was making some mad reversion in my case.

Mike

·
10sec club
164 Posts
I have BB and did not have enough fuel pressure with stock pump and injectors car would not produce more than 11psi my sds shows me my injectors were at 110%when they should be at 80ish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts