SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 1993 SE-R(classic). Well sort of...The people I am buying it from had to send away for a title, so they let us take the car home and we gave them $1000 down. So I can't really drive the car until it is registered and stuff, but I did drive it home and around the local roads...It is great.

Ok the problems...Here it goes, the history of this car seems fishy. The speedo was replaced for some unknown reason and reads 32,000. The kid said there is 29,000 miles on the title, so if you add the two you get the total mileage...Fishy...Next, the body is in exellent shape except for some rust on the A-pillars..hmmm...It has the idle, surge problem, which is suposedly an easy fix...that is ok. no 5th pop-out yet, but what I did notice was it is leaking tranny fluid very slowly...is this a gasket or should I drop in a whole new tranny? I am calling Nissan tomorrow. And the last is the left tire(facing the car) is bald on teh outside...He said the tire was not aligned properly. His dad and my dad are buds so they are not trying to screw us, but anyway I got it for $3,000. $1,500 down from the $4,500 that he was asking.

It has a K&N filter, headers and exhaust(muffler). Those are the only mods.

Interior is GREAT. Almost Perfect!!!!

What do you guys think. Oh, it is white...with AR 15" rims.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(CRYING) I did a free carfax check and it is a salvage and flood title!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? I am gonn tell the kid a grand and that's it. He'll never be able to sell it. Well it is good I did not really buy it yet...

THIS SUX

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
for like a grand more you could get a JDM engine, and have some hot sh** on the street for like 3 grand with ins.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
if you get it.. toss those cheesey AR rims.
</font>

I know, I want some TSW's or what not, but I am not big into show, I am all about go

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah TSW's are for VW's and they are too heavy for that car. BBS is good for both but kinda heavy on the ching.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The kid said he'll give me the car for $1,500. That is a good price considering you could never tell there was anything wrong with the car. He was asking $4,500!!!!! I guess it pays off to check carfax.

Well aside from wheels, I wanna do suspension and turbo first.

lates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts