SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my friend (NismoNx2000) and i were replacing the distributor cap and rotor on both of our cars.

we got the parts from nissanparts.cc, and the caps came with new screws, the rotors did not.

mine went in without a hitch, but as we were replacing the rotor in the NX, the damn screw to hold in the rotor broke. The head just snapped right off. we got the rotor to pull off and miraculously got the rest of the screw out.

so, i called two local jersey dealers, and said, "hey, i need parts for this car." "okay", says the voice on the other end. "1992 NX2000"
"umm...an NX2000? or MX2000?"
i said, "what?? NX2000. you don't see it?"
"no"
at this point, my eyes are VERY wide, and i can't believe what i'm hearing.
i said, "do you have a sentra se-r in that computer of yours?"
"sure, i see that"
"ok, fine...same engine...do you have the parts for that?"
"that has the same engine?...ok..."

called the 2nd dealer...the conversation went the same way. what the hell is up with that? i know the NX2K isn't a common car, but for TWO dealers to not have heard of it...sheesh.

-Chris

G

·
0 Posts
i have the same problem! where the **** was everyone when these cars came out?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I have that problem with part shops but never the dealer, I have had part shops send me stuff for 1600 when I need it for the 2000, and when I orderd my shocks they sent me the setup for a 200 sx

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Im the guy with the broken screw head...its unbelievable how people have no clue as to what they are doing. What kind of people do they have working at these nissan dealerships anyway?? Its just ridiculous. Even after we told them we just need the screw, one guy was like, "well, do u want the distributor rotor anyway?" NO!! of course not!! Well, good old home depot solved our broken screw woes and now my car is all better...I have to give props to my boy nismoser for helping me with my car and getting that broken screw out. Thanks BRO!

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I would also like to say that I really appreciated the quick delivery and accuracy of the order i placed with nissanparts.cc. I know some people have had some problems with them, but they processed my order and had it shipped to me within 5 days. I will definitaely do business with them again.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is too funny. I remember when I first bought my car i called Nissan to get a owners manual. I told her like 3 times that my car was a 92 Nissan NX2000. She's like 'is it a 92 or a 2000 car?' all pissy. I said it really slow, then she snaps back, "Are you sure the car is even made by Nissan?" Yeah lady, youre right maybe its a geo metro with different badges on it, and Nissan labeled on everything. I wound up getting one from ebay.
Thankfully my dealer knows what an NX2000 is. When I called for an appointment, I said I had a 92 Nx and he instantly said, 'Is that a 1600 or 2000 nx?' I'm glad when some people have their **** together.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
god, don't you love it?

what kind of car is that? is that a honda? 170k miles!? that **** must be ragged out, dogg...

muahaha...

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
0 Posts
***********Special Bulletin**************

CUSTOMER CARE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Der! I cant believe the ignorance of people sometimes!! do your homework people!!!

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not trying to defend the parts counter morons mentioned here, but the nx2000 is listed as "NX". That's it, if you say "NX2000" they get confused cuz they don't see it on their screen. I once had to give a parts counter girl a lengthy education about the whole matter when I needed brake pads for my ad22vf calipers on my '92 SE-R. Before that, she called her store manager over to help, he tried to convice me that my car didn't come with those calipers. sheesh! you try to explain and they still don't listen!

I had a similar situation ordering parts for my '87 Sterling. The parts person said "Who makes it?" I said "Sterling".

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Hell, I got written a ticket for running a stop sign in a 94 Lotus, lol... it got thrown out since they didnt check my registration to see what the car was.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

G

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem...even explaining to my friends...
"ey! i just bought myself a Nissan NX"
"umm NSX?"
"No fool! wut is wrong with you NX!"
haha these people sicken me, i ended up lecturing him on the rarity of these cars and how he should appriciate them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts