SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus, man, THANK GOD you are ok.

The thing I'm most curious about is that you can't call the police station or anything to find out what happened tonight? I would go crazy if I didn't know what exactly happened until Monday. Some officers somewhere have to know what happened. Or EMT people at the hosipital.

No idea of the condition of the driver of the other car? I hope they are ok too.

Again, thank God you're ok, man. And don't worry about the car. If its totalled you can still find another SR20DE powered car. I'll help you (as I'm sure all others on this forum will) in your search if it comes to that. In case some of the aftermarket parts are destroyed (thinking CAI here) make sure the insurance company has that info of how much a new one is.

Peace

·
Registered
466 Posts
Man, I'm sorry to hear about this. At first I hoped it was a minor one, but as I read on, it turned ugly. I really liked the color of your car, and I hope you can find another. The important thing is that you are still here and somewhat OK. Good luck with everything.

eric

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Man good thing you are ok. Cars can be replaced, somehow. but you being ok is the main thing. Sounds horrible but atleast you are alive and kicking
I saw this a while back but couldnt think of much to say

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I dont like waiting to find out what happened. But I also dont want to spend time trying to track down the right people etc. My head still hurts and thinking too much is not good.

You mentioned the CAI. The spot where the lower tube and filter sit was crushed. BUT, I was on the short stack c/o the rain earlier that week. I was going to put it on when I got home. The filter might be messed up, buit the upper tube should be OK

The blue book value says $12000. I dont know what will happen. I think the transmission might be gone, dont know about the engine.

I'll be fine after a couple days more rest.

Thanks Guys.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe, if it's just the tranny, then oh darn! You have to grab a 91-97 tranny then, don't you?

Ben
who beats the crap out of his non-LSD tranny to try to break it so he can get an LSD-equipped one

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yea, if the cars being fixed and I need a new tranny, I bet I can get a brand new 95-97 tranny without a lot of work. The costs should be similar, right? If not, a used 95-97 one. ANd someone else has to pay to install it. Now if only my group deal ACT clutch would show up before the repairs start!

I'll need two new factory rims cuz my drivers side rims are scratched up. Hmm, spares with slicks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm glad you are doing better, Jacen. I know how disorienting this type of wreck can be - I still have the door-handle I inadvertantly ripped from the passenger door of my friend's 88 Pulsar as an 82 F-150 moved from our rear bumper up to our front seats at 60+ mph! (hope this ridiculuos run-on sentence didn't strain the brain).

Anyway, get some rest and keep us informed.

Chris

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
(not racing related)

Well, actually, someone else did. I was just sitting in the driver seat absorbing forces. I dont remember everythin (or much at all) but I have pieced together the following. I was sitting at the light for an exit ramp from 70W to turn left onto Brice Road (south) in Columbus. 5:45-6:00 pm EST. I was the second person in line (i think). Light turn green, then I wake up in hospital with a neck brace and no idea what the hell is goin on. Have some vague, dreamlike memories of arguing with some guys in an ambulance. After I am at the hospital and the CAT scans shows nothing I complain about the neck brace enough for the doctor to come talk to me and take it off. Eventually i get some morphine and wake up the next day. (some painful and disgusting images edited out for your reading pleasure).

Piece together what I can about the accident. The last thing I can remember is sitting at that light, and my injuries are consistent with getting hit around the drivers side. Really, I'm fine except for a concussion and head stitches and a sore neck (except for the scary lack of memory and slowed mental thinking). All I can guess is that someone ran the red light, and/or swerved to avoid the car in front of me in the intersection. I still cant remember it happening. The hospital chart tells me that the accident was at the intersection I think it was. There were no police guarding my bed or handcuffing me, so I am assuming it wasn;t my fault. It would be REALLY out of character for me to cause an accident. I do hope the other people are all right, although somebody needs a good wheelkick to the head. And yes, I do have the ability to do so.

Went to the police impound lot today. I needed to pick up my house key, but swiped some other stuff from my car so nobody else would. Only thing missing was my sunglasses, which I was probably wearing. Maybe the medics ripped 'em off and threw them somewhere. (the airbags had gone off). I dont know how they pulled me out, but there was a neck brace wrapper in the back seat, and there was no way they were getting the drivers door open. All the windows were down before the accident (and still are, hope it doesn't rain.)

Now for the condition of the car. (I was the only one in the car when it got hit). Both airbags exploded. No marks on my face from airbag. Bruised right arm (from???). Passenger side OK except for bumper sticking out. Driver side, not good. Thank God for side impact beams. Really when and if I can post some pictures you'll understand. Probably a car or light truck from the hieght of most of the damamge. The front drivers wheel has more camber than a 8" dropped Honduh and has bent into the spring/strut combo. Shifter isn't in any normal position, i think the transmission has been pushed in from the wheel. The other main damage is the bottom first half of the drivers door. The area between your knees and your feet. The only damage I have there are two bruised knees on the inside(inside of the knees). I think my head hit the seat belt/door column. I have a concussion and stiched in a location consistent with that injury. I was wearing my seatbelt and I have the shoulder abrasion to prove it. Windshield cracked and bottom drivers side corner pushed up. The main impact point seems to be the drivers side firewall location, with main damage spreading around there at the wheel and front of drivers door, as i already stated.

Hope my rambling makes sense. Thats way to much for me to double check and keep track of.

The insurance company should tell me there thoughts on Monday, and I also get a copy of the police report that day. I want to find out what happened. How far was he or she going in what vehicle, how far did my car get thrown or spun, etc...

I dont know about that front frame/engine compartment area. The car might be totaled. Then I'll strip the good parts. Maybe even by it back from the insurance company to sell/use parts. Till then, time to read on DET swaps.

Jason

[Edited by jacen99SE (10-02-2000 at 01:38 PM).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Sheet Jacen!
I'm gald to hear your ok. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted on what happens to your car,your head and the other person.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
damn man, that sucks, good to hear you are ok. just watch out for back/ neck pains in the next few days. that is when problems usually arise. take it easy, don't sweat the car, there are TONS of civics out there to buy
just kidding, but if you do get desprate, I will sell you my car, again, just kidding, but get well, and I will keep my eyes/ ears open for any sr20 powered cars b/c more than likely, your car is totaled. repair bills can get expensive in a b14 quick. just think of it this way, you can get a 200 and get out of that 4 door boat

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Ewww! Like I'd want some girly looking 200
Just kidding.

But I prefer 4 doors for their convienence (sp? brainache). There were no other fast cheap four doors when I bought my SEntra. The ironic thing is, my friend and I just had a conversation (he's looking to buy a GSR) on what I would buy now if I was going to buy a new car. The only other car I came up with was the 1.8T Jetta, which I haven't rode in yet. If only I was rich (OW my Neck!) hehe an S4 would be really nice. Time to go, too much rambling....

G

·
wow! glad to hear you are feeling a little better. that sounds like one serious blow you took.
one little peice of advice: please make sure you see a chiropractor or physical therapist for your neck/back injuries. trust me on this, it does a world of good. it hurts at first, but once you get going, it makes all the difference in the world. wouldn't want you to be stuck with a permenant injury or pain from it.

once again, glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Subaru now makes a sedan version of the 2.5RS....perhaps you could luck into one. I love my SR, but the RS is pretty cool, too. Glad to "see" you smiling.

CB

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I agree, go drive the rs if you can handle the styling. you either like it or hate it. I have several friends with them and, well I like em'. but ya, I have a bad back and would hate to see someone go through some of the pain I go through everyday. get it done right too, dont go to some hole in the wall place and get it wacked more than it is. my back hurts so bad some days, I wish it would just break and heal again. no kidding. rehab without a doubt will make your life alot better after a wreck, or any other kind of back/ neck trauma.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So some kind ambulance chasing lawyer mailed me a copy of the police report (and on the same day i was at the police station and they couldn't 'find' a copy of it). The (hmm..) woman (hmm.) who hit me was driving a 1994 Dodge Ram 250 pickup. Thats one beeeeeg pickup. She was cited for running a red light and has state farm insurance. I saw my car again as we moved it to the place I would like to fix it. I'm afraid that it is probably totaled. I took some pictures, I'll post them after developed and scanned.

I'm might get a car for about 1 year then sell it to my dad. So it has to be a 4 door stick shift, and should be at least some fun to drive. The 2.5RS is a good suggestion, but I would need the car to be a little older so I could afford it. I'm looking at 4 door integras (drove a GSR today, it was ok), or G20 or sentra SE. Then after I sell that car to my dad I could get the new SE-R!!!!!!!!
Or I might try to find a used SE and re-modify it.
Do you guys have any other suggestions on 4 door stick shifts that I could enjoy driving for a year and then could stand years of abuse from my dad. (i know, the sentra SE really fits)

Jason, hit by 2 ton pickup. "OUCH,
stupid women drivers...#$%%^^$%#"

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maxima
can't think of any more at the moment

G

·
Sorry to hear about the ride man.

Well, if you are interested, I am selling my 99 SE Limited. (5-speed) I need money for school, and am getting rid of my red SE-L. 36,800 miles, lots of mods (intake, header, exhaust, suspension). I am asking $13,900 OR BEST OFFER. I may be able to go a bit lower. My e-mail is

[email protected]

if you are at all interested.

G

·
At least you're O.K. Jacen, I guess Edgewater is out of the question for tomorrow huh
I'm glad your not seriously injured, Be sure to rest and I'll see you soon.
Nick McCollom 93nx2000

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Unless I bring the monster minivan down to go racing!! My headaches are getting better but I still need the pain medicine. So no driving for me yet.
I'm also trying to look for a replacement car because mine will *probably* be totaled, but I dont know for sure. If it is totaled, I dont know how much I'll have to work with because of the mods. How do companies pay for that stuff if they total a car?? They were cool about fixing it with the mods "we have to put your car back in the condition it was before the accident"

If only Andy's car wasn't red...

I've emailed with a guy from jersey with a stock 98 SE. Maybe I'll have to ride with someone out to the Boston Meet

G

·
your more than welcome to. I'm not sure if I can go $$ but it would be better to split costs. I know that Matt Ostlund from pitt. PA wants to share a room but I'm short on cash. I want to go so bad though. I always make it at the last min. though. Do you wanna go? I'll pick up hours at work if you want to ride with so that we have enouph cash to go. let me know, and my email is down so talk to me through here.
Youd like matt though, he's got the other blue 93 nx2000 one of three that we know of in this exact blue. Zack Nilson had the other.and it was turbo if that is any sign of what me and Matt need to do
both Matts and mine are with in 100 in the vin # so we refer to them as the twins. let me know though.
Nick

1 - 20 of 41 Posts