SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im buying my dad's wrx next January. Im just wondering what the 1/4 time would be. The mods are. Mrt Turbo back exhaust, Mrt upipe, Mrt top mount intercooler, sti 525cc injectors, VF34 turbo, perrin fuel rails, K&N filter, Ecutek ECU, ACT clutch, sti short shifter, mild head work port and polish, 18X8 Potenza S03's, [email protected] I think the setup is good for about 375hp at the crank.

p.s. Im only paying $8500 for it.... hehehe.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
I know a guy that has a Rex and He has a Ported Stock turbo, Full exaust, and Intake plus Blow off valve. I think hes in the 13's with just that.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweeeet....

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
if it's making 375 crank, that's an easy 12 on street tires. Just hope the tranny doesn't blow!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We already blew our 1st tranny last june. So we replaced it with a stock tranny. When i get the car and the tranny blows im gettin MRT gear set.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Your better off saving up some cash and getting a sti 6 speed. Its the tranny case itself thats the problem. If you go to The Wrx forums you learn that there.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Yeah This Guy Jack I know is pushing 350 (Cant remember the exact figure but its in the mid 300's) Dynoed horses to all four wheels. He blew his tranny also cause I heard he likes to race bikes! I WANT AWD+RELIABILTY also.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah its about 5-7K to get the 6speed dropped in. As soon as i get the car im puttin leather in it and a sunroof with a nice stereo. Its gonna be my daily driver/pimp ride. Then im gutting my 200SX and puttin a cage in it for my weekend warrior and to scare that **** out of people on those sunday drives in the West Virgina hills. A 2200lb car with about 250hp hahaha.

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
200SX SE-R WV said:
Yeah its about 5-7K to get the 6speed dropped in. As soon as i get the car im puttin leather in it and a sunroof with a nice stereo. Its gonna be my daily driver/pimp ride. Then im gutting my 200SX and puttin a cage in it for my weekend warrior and to scare that **** out of people on those sunday drives in the West Virgina hills. A 2200lb car with about 250hp hahaha.
200SX with 250hp?
and they weigh more than 2200lb with a roll cage
i see your mods, do you have a different 200sx?

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
I would do it the other way around. Make the 200 your daily driver and then make the Rex your fast Car. The 200 is hot and all but AWD owns......well I dont know everybody has a Rex and Its rare to see An SE-R.

Either way would be the Shyt!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
If you gonna gutt anything get like a base b13 sentra and transfer stuff. That would be the lightest.

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
The sti tranny is built like a tank, my uncle is a subaru mechanic, and he said the he replace about 2 a week on the regular wrx.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yea, my buddy has a WRX broken his tranny a week after he got it and Subaru didn't pay for the repairs it seems that 6k launches and AWD tend to break **** unless you get s Skyline. :-d

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I plan on taking my 200SX and gutting it all of it that i can possibly do except for the dash, Replacing all windows with lexan i think it is or plastic ones also the sun roof, Rollcage, fuel cell, 2 racing buckets and 4 points, 15x7 super light weight wheels. move battery to the trunk. As far as power goes, I would like to have a roll on monster so i can kill cars from 30mph+ b/c fwd launch is useless after 250whp. If i have the $$$ I want to make it over 400 whp hehehe but thats all wishes for right now and it will probably take the next 10 years to build haha.

The wrx is stupid fast right now. My dad pulled a 4.5 0-60 with about 300 crank hp. We raced a 98 Mustang Cobra and killed it. Kept up with a 600cc Sport bike on a country road and smoke a grand national on the highway. It would be so nice to have a 375hp awd car with leather and a sunroof for a daily driver.

For my dads next car he either wants a STI or an EVO. Im not sure which one i would take? How about you guys?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha ha, you tell him to grow up. He is 50 years old. His latest project is a 2001 suzuki Hayabusa with Intake, Header, Exhuast, Power commander ecu. He has taken the bike 175 mph. Now he is kicking around bolting a t25 to it and running 7psi. The turbo kit makes about 270hp at the crank!

I once followed him in the wrx and he nailed it and so did I. I felt i was in a civic trying to catch up to a missle haha. It was insane. Then he slowed down and did a fly by at 120mph.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts