SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here's the deal. Decided to upgrade my setup to T28, bored maf 4 bar and 370 inj. I realized that when I took my ECU out, it said that I should have already been using a bored MAF, 370inj @ 3 bar. Ok cool. I get the MAF bored out to specs, throw it back on the car with the original setup and now this bitch runs like a raped ape, but idles like **** and runs way to lean. So was the ECU not really programmed for a bored maf or what? Any suggestions? HOw long should it take for the ECU to adjust?

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Open the Ecu, read the number's on the chip, call JWT and get them to tell you what program it is. And if your cars running lean, be careful you will be heading for motor-ville population = you.

Travis E.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Are you runnin a ajustable FPR? Sound like your still running at 3 bar.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
james vick said:
Are you runnin a ajustable FPR? Sound like your still running at 3 bar.
Yes I am still running 3bar... that's what the ECU was suppose to be programmed for. 3bar, 370inj and bored maf.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
oNeBaDaPpLe said:
Yes I am still running 3bar... that's what the ECU was suppose to be programmed for. 3bar, 370inj and bored maf.
Because in the orginal post you say bored maf 4 bar.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
i haven't seen a 3bar ECU with a bored maf in a turbo setup. I think that the ECU you have is for a regular maf and 3bar. Get the FPR and 4 bar ecu in there with thebored maf and i bet it clears up.

Brent

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I saw the ecu - he did call JWT and they said if it wasn't marked 4bar then it wasn't 4bar...

Do call them up with the serial # on the eprom though and see what they say...

Chris

ps - I got the FPR today - can you email/PM me your address and I'll have alex ship it tommorow. (thats to Mike)

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
97SE-R C2 said:
LIke Brent said, I haven't seen a Bored Maf 3bar 370 program. Whats the point when the injectors max out before the MAf?
Ok, thats the conclusion I have came to after installing that bored MAF on my stock beater and had the same symptons. Just puzzling why they listed it on the ECU and the little sticker on the E-PROM. OH well. At least the MAF is bored for future upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts