SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a client I provide IT for. He found his NX2k he sold 12 years ago and loved all through school. It has a thrown rod, that's a known issue, basically a rolling chassis. He's asking what he should do to the drivetrain on a $2k budget. I'm thinking VE, he asked about DET though I think the tranny would be happier with a linear power curve from the VE. B15s and P11s are no trick but I haven't worked on an NX yet.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
There is nothing special about working on an NX. I'd get a DE and add a turbo.

·
Enjoying the Ride
2,127 Posts
With a $2k budget, I would go VE($650), N1 cams($450), ASP budget header($650), and a Calum RT($450). Comes to $2200 at full retail, deals can be found with searching. Once you are tuned, you'll have 185+ to the wheels and daily driving reliability.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the transmission? It predates my hands-on experience. 170-190 WHP?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The transmission can hold that no problem. It's the 5th gear that may get the pop out syndrome, if it hasn't already.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like we may use my '00 B15 de. Has a couple of leaky stems but some good head should fix it. Maybe something on the order of choader's all motor build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.