SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv searched around, iv seen a couple pro's and con's. Can you guys just guide me on what to do. Im gonna put flywheel and clutch in at same time. Is this clutch kit ANY good??? Or is it just flat-out junk???
 

·
SR20DET Slave
Joined
·
892 Posts
92' nismo se-r said:
Iv searched around, iv seen a couple pro's and con's. Can you guys just guide me on what to do. Im gonna put flywheel and clutch in at same time. Is this clutch kit ANY good??? Or is it just flat-out junk???
Cant say ive heard of XTD but the JWT kit i got is smoother in every aspect than the stock clutch was...Then again i had 158,000 on the original clutch
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i was also wondering, i was told, but im not sure, someone told me if i put a 6puck clutch in my car, im risking breaking the tranny??Cause it will chatter when ingaging and is rough on tranny, and might crack were my axel goes in. Will i have to worry about that???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,890 Posts
92' nismo se-r said:
thanks, i was also wondering, i was told, but im not sure, someone told me if i put a 6puck clutch in my car, im risking breaking the tranny??Cause it will chatter when ingaging and is rough on tranny, and might crack were my axel goes in. Will i have to worry about that???
What?!

No, you'll break the tranny if you roughhouse it, or put down insane amounts of power. If you're a smooth driver (which you should concentrate on being), then you're fine. People here run ACT puck clutches (hell, mine's unsprung even) and its holding up fine. Then again, I drive as smooth as I possibly can, and running N/A power levels.

I don't recommend that ebay clutch "XTD". Hell, I dont even recommend ebay parts at all, except maybe a cheap blingbling strut bar.
 

·
Hostile Aberration
Joined
·
4,820 Posts
liupj said:
What?!

No, you'll break the tranny if you roughhouse it, or put down insane amounts of power. If you're a smooth driver (which you should concentrate on being), then you're fine. People here run ACT puck clutches (hell, mine's unsprung even) and its holding up fine. Then again, I drive as smooth as I possibly can, and running N/A power levels.

I don't recommend that ebay clutch "XTD". Hell, I dont even recommend ebay parts at all, except maybe a cheap blingbling strut bar.
Yup, yup, yup.

Look at AD Fabrication under our Vendor section for some clutch options from a real company. One that knows our cars. And supports our forum. And might actually be there if you ever have a problem. :biggthump
 

·
SR20DET Slave
Joined
·
892 Posts
liupj said:
What?!

No, you'll break the tranny if you roughhouse it, or put down insane amounts of power. If you're a smooth driver (which you should concentrate on being), then you're fine. People here run ACT puck clutches (hell, mine's unsprung even) and its holding up fine. Then again, I drive as smooth as I possibly can, and running N/A power levels.

I don't recommend that ebay clutch "XTD". Hell, I dont even recommend ebay parts at all, except maybe a cheap blingbling strut bar.
Dont' forget about the fly ebay "nismo" oil caps...Best $4 i ever spent... :D ...
he is right 92'...On a N/A app. you'd really need to pound it in order to break the tranny whatever setup you get...That being the case six pucks are cheaper than street discs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok, thanks guys, i will check out the ad fab kit, ordering one of there flywheels here soon, was suppose to already have it, but some unexspected bills came up. man it sucks, i will get it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
has anybody used one? I have one in my car and i have Nooooooo problems what so ever. It engages great, The only complain i have would be that it really engages to harsh, but i think its because my cable isnt really adjusted right. Other than that I would not see it as a bad option. Dont knock it till u try it. Good option for less than 200$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
My buddy has one in his civic that has a intake, exhaust and i think thats it and he chirps third easily it grabs well. Id still just go for the JWT tho :biggthump
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top