SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, all of this turbo crap is making me go crazy. I have come up with a $2500 budget that I want to stay under. is this realistic? can I build a bad ass system for this. I want to run maybe a little t25 w/ front mount i/c and my NOS as a spool up, little kick in the pants kinda thing. I will probably run some 555cc injectors of some kind and use a tt z fuel pump. I know alot of this stuff will not cost me but about 1800 bux including the computer. what is the average cost of an intercooler. I looked up a stock z intercooler at work and wholly s%^t, my cost is still over 600 bux. what are my options.

G

·
AS far as the turbo goes you can get a T-25 from a DSM for cheep. Then just send it out to get rebuilt. Also the blowoff valve from a DSM will work (right Mike
) AS far as the rest I dont know. I think you can make it with that budget.

MarC SE-R

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Brian go to the Junk yard and get a Eclips I/C. Its big enough to work with a t25 and the local yard where I am only wants $25 for theirs. I got my BOV real cheap like $9.75 or something

The killer will be the turbo parts and ECU. The piping soulden't cost more than $80. You need someone to make a flange for the BOV-$25 at a michine shop. I could make you one and ship it to you
Then you need some one to weld stuff for you $50+ or so. Turbo parts(BlueBird DET-t25)-I have seen as low as $400 for mani and turbo. ECU-$595. Injectors $200.

IMHO going turbo is getting cheaper if you wan't a simple set-up. It might even be able to be done for less than 2k if you find the rite parts from the rite people.

Mike ***warning spam here*** I have 370cc injectors for sale cheap in the classifides

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sounds like a good time to add up what I paid

$1000 for: BB DET T25/mani/exhaust outlet, BB BOV, TB U-pipe, all the stock BB IC piping and IC, intake tube, 370cc injectors, 2.5" mandrel turbo to cat downpipe, think that's all I got from Stroker Jizz

$375 used JWT ECU plus $100 for reprogramming

mandrel pipes from Hooker Headers ordered thru Summit, 4 for $11.95 each

however much injector O-rings and exhaust manifold gaskets are, not much

Autometer Ultralight boost gauge, like $38 I think

Various hose clamps, rubber 2" joiners for the IC/turbo piping, fuel line hose for oil and coolant, fittings for T-ing off the oil pressure sender, <$100

So as you can see I'm well under $2k for just the turbo. Getting the clutch will probably put me right at $2k.

There's also an FSM in there that I haven't received yet... but I've been credited for it. Wondering if I'm ever going to get it? Brandon Fujisage from the list emailed me like 51 pages from the FSM, and it really isn't very useful. I think the Haynes manual and the archives, as well as ya'll can easily do me without an FSM. Dunno if you can do it without me calling, brian, but you guys can completely cancel that order. I can use my $120 somewhere else.

·
B13 Se-r Godfather
1,418 Posts
i have a 14b turbo off a 1g eclipse for 200.00 ... i also have a 1g eclipse crushed bov for 25.00 its polished! as far as a i/c get a conquest tsi front mount they are pretty cheap and its a front mount! i can get 1 for you.... i ll check on a price monday!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys forget, I work at a Nissan dealership that sells Nissan Motorsports parts, and we are a JWT dealer, so that price should drop down some, and as for a welder, I know Jeff Nayert, (you know the guy with the gti-r det in his classic) he has a welder at his house. real cool guy, only have met him like 4-5 times and already said he would help me work on my car anytime if I wanted. I just need to catch up on some bills and here we go.....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, and will want to keep the NOS for a little more power and we have some blitz 555 cc injectors in stock too.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
regarding the DSM turbo, my DSM TD05 turbo looks slightly bigger than the T25. On the TD05, where it hooks up to the DET exhaust manifold it is circular. And the flange on the DET is rectangular with the divider in the miiddle, i guess my question to you guys is can i use the bigger TD05 on the DET manifold if i get a flange made? Also will there be any disadvntages to using the TD05 over the perfect fit T25? TIA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts