SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys, I got the Place Racing CAI from the B15.sentra GD, does anyone have any tips on installing this thing? I realize there is some cutting involved, but that's cool, because I have a Dremel w/a Flex shaft and about 35 bits
Any tips would be appreciated....BTW, any one have any idea what size the AIV hose diameter is? This kit does not have a hook-up on the MAF adapter for the AIV hose.....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Out of curiosity Chris, do you have any worries about yearly inspection up here with the CAI? That's been my major concern.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
Bone Stock

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have absolutely no qualms, because the Probe GT I sold almost a year ago had pretty much the same set-up. The garages view was that I hadn't screwed with any of the emissions controls, so they could care less.

I installed the CAI today, and it was more labor intensive than I thought-plus, my freakin throttle cable almost popped out when I was cleaning out the TB before install. There's a little pin that holds the throttle cable to the linkage, and it had almost worked itself loose! I found that out when I started up the car after install and it then zoomed up to amost 6,000rpm before I shut the car down. after checking and rechecking everything on the CAI install to make sure I hadn't forgotten to hook up anything, I noticed that pin hanging off the linkage. With a jewler's screwdriver, I popped it in, fired it up, and have had no further problems.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This may definitely change my decision. I was scared that I needed to have a CARB exempt intake in the city. That pretty much limits me to a WAI. But, if they don't care, then why not just go for the extra power witht he CAI? Hmmm...decisions...decisions...

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
Bone Stock

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you in Boston? I have to be up there being Trained by the State until next month...However, my car is parked in Worcester and I take in the train. I can always swing by if you're close, though

·
Registered
513 Posts
I go to Northeastern University, I live near the Longwood hospitals off of the Green Line. Where is your training taking place?

Kevin
93 Stock Classic
Red with lots of white spots (salt)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed my CAI this weekend too. Using the Dremel worked pretty well, but it definitely took a long time and a lot of little disks. It sounds great. I am going to get horrible gas mileage this week, because I keep flooring the car to hear the intake. It does seem to be making more power as well. I am not looking forward to the next smog check because I'm pretty sure that I am going to have to put the stock intake back on. Yuck.

------------------
"Sparkly" '92 Classic
UCSB Sports Car Club

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all, Yes it does make a noticeable difference over stock, especially at highway speeds-the tip in on the little 2.0l is pretty close to what the V-6 in my old Probe was like. Second, Kevin-I'm training with DPH on West Street(I'm two blocks away from Beacon Hill and Filene's basement)through next week. Third-Cmarie why would you have to remove that? It does have an Exemption number for that part, I'm told....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts