SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnally settled with the insurance company!!! YES!!! I got $3200 and I get to keep the car!!! HELL YEAH...I'll be spening that soon on my NX2000 I just bought!! Heres a list of things I wanna buy:
  1. ES Hyper flex bushings, all the ES bushings
  2. Some type of clutch, what type do you guys recomend?
  3. 200SX Tranny
  4. Can you have the stock flywheel re-surfaced and lightned? Anyone know?
  5. AGX's with G/C Coil overs or Edibac(can't spell) springs.
  6. ES Motor mounts and inserts.
  7. Redline gear-oil, which one do you guys recomend?
  8. ST sway bars, do they come with end-links?
  9. Right hand drive-shaft, do you guys know if its worth it to have them sent off to that company that re-bulids them for strength??
  10. Short shifter, its a toss up between B & M shifter and a Pacesetter...I think the B & M would be easier to install...thoughts?
  11. Anything elce you guys can think of? TIA!!!!
    [/list=1]

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I really doubt that the B&M shifter is easier to install than a pacesetter, still gotta get under the car and do everything that you would do with the Pacesetter.

Also, why a 200sx tranny? is the one you have messed up?? If not, there really is no reason to put a 200sx one.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Congrats man, if we could all be so lucky.. My brother paid $2500 for a jeep, some guy hit him and he got $5800..

Reminds me i need to see if my insurance company got back my dedictible after going after the other driver's insurance company... The process is called subrogation... Come on Liberty Mutual! GET THERE>...

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fast91SER said:
I really doubt that the B&M shifter is easier to install than a pacesetter, still gotta get under the car and do everything that you would do with the Pacesetter.

Also, why a 200sx tranny? is the one you have messed up?? If not, there really is no reason to put a 200sx one.
The tranny is gone in the NX2000...and the pacesetter shifter you have to re-use your old shifter bushings, the B & M is a complete unit...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Man i know you have seen and handled my B&M in my car and iknow you like it. It really isn't the shifter bushings that you reuse it is the metal can around the pivot point and no you do not need to reuse this with the B&M short shifter.

From what i have seen of the smc, and pacesetter short shifter i would prefer the B&M one any day. With the pacesetter and smc one you have to reuse the piece that the pivot ball sits in. Withe the B&M one the pivot point is actually raised up from the oem or pacesetter or smc one so i don't think you would have the problems with the rattling against the heat sheild like some people have had with the pacesetter and smc ones.

Get yourself the agx's and ground control coil overs and you will have a lot better setup than the prokits in my opinion. If ya got the bank and you are considering the g/c's then do it.

I can help ya out with the motor mounts sinci i already did mine and i could prolly help ya out with most of the other stuff. If ya want to we could see wether we could get a geekout together with the kc group again at your shop sometime in march so we could do all your stuff and maybe put my turbo stuff on..... hehe

Anyway talk to ya tomorrow.
Rick

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Short Shifter choice

I have had my Pace Setter SS installed now for about a month.
I don't know right off hand what the B&M SS costs but the Pace Setter can be bought for as low as $55. I paid $60 with no shipping charges. I also got the ES Shifter Bushing and all together I think it is a nice package. You are looking at roughly $70 for the Pace Setter-ES Bushing setup. I can't really compare the 2 but I give the Pace Setter SS a try if you want to spend some extra $$ in other places. Hope this helps in your selection.:D

Darren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts