SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I have another question for all you guys who know about Classic SE-Rs: What all is involved in taking off a front bumper? I think I'm going to switch my '91 bumper/air dam with a '93 bumper/air dam (I like that look much better). I've only had my SE-R for two weeks, so I am full of questions still. Thanks (again).

Samir

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
This is taken directly from a post I made to the SE-R List a while back:

"The bumper assembly is made up of the front fascia, foam energy absorber block, and bumper reinforcement. If I recall correctly, the only tools needed are a ratchet, extension, 10mm socket, 14mm socket, and a flathead screwdriver.

First, there is a row of flimsy plastic clips along the bottom of the air dam that you will have to carefully pull/pry out with some plyers or a screwdriver. Then, disconnect the cables going to the fog lights and unbolt their brackets. Next, there are four bolts towards the wheel wells that need to be taken out. For each side, there will be one in plain sight that is facing the ground and one in the top corner that is hidden by the wheel well liner. To get access to that one you will have to work the extention up between the bumper and liner and hunt around for it. From there, I think all that is left are the two main bolts (14mm) that keep the entire assembly bolted to the chassis. Before you take those out, reach in below the headlights and pull out the retainer pins on the tip of each bolt. As you get ready to slide everything out, disconnect the side marker signals.

I think that's it. Once you get started, it's pretty easy to see what needs to be unbolted."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts