SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i'm going to do it.. going with a j-spec engine. i just need to get in contact with this k. wanatabe place, does anyone know their number? and i also need to find a reputable shop to do it. anyone know of a good place i can take it too in massachusetts? or surrounding states?

------------------


Jon - '95 G20t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Dammit....David beat me to it Jon!! Well i told you on IM so that counts more. LOL.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill


[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 05-23-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Damn bro...to bad your not here in SoCal or i would help you out, the swap is a piece of cake if you want to try to do it your self. Plus you will learn a lot about your car, and how everything goes in. good luck on your swap, let us know how everything works out..


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
well, i'm going to do it.. going with a j-spec engine. i just need to get in contact with this k. wanatabe place, does anyone know their number? and i also need to find a reputable shop to do it. anyone know of a good place i can take it too in massachusetts? or surrounding states?

</font>


------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
working on built motor for some NOZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
what about the 20VE... is it possible to import that engine here?</font>
if your Mr money bags then you could do it.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
true that.....sweet engine..I wouldn't mind throwing it into the mix, or even the 1.6 VE
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
if your Mr money bags then you could do it.

</font>


------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
working on built motor for some NOZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
only 10 more hp but it has the advantage of having higher compression
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
very cool.. how much more hp do they make as opposed to our version? what about the 20VE... is it possible to import that engine here?</font>


------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
working on built motor for some NOZ
 

·
former pulsar car whore
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Good luck Jon. It's ryan from the meet. If you are selling it I'd like to buy your wing


------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys.. yeah ryan, if i'm selling it, you can definitely have the wing, as long as you buy the rest of the car too.


seriously though, it's not looking good. i called soko and they don't stock jdm sr20de engines, only det's, and k. wantanabe is out of stock right now. i might have to wait until next week to get it.. crap! any other places i should check? or should i just wait it out until next week?
 

·
former pulsar car whore
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Just get the DET.


------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI
 

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
http://www.sleepermotorport.com They got me my motor for a good price Oh by the way I got it from BRIAN GLidwell, not Dougless rodriguez LMAO. 909 369 1212 is their number.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
thanks guys.. yeah ryan, if i'm selling it, you can definitely have the wing, as long as you buy the rest of the car too.


seriously though, it's not looking good. i called soko and they don't stock jdm sr20de engines, only det's, and k. wantanabe is out of stock right now. i might have to wait until next week to get it.. crap! any other places i should check? or should i just wait it out until next week?

</font>


------------------


Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top